2019 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

11/EU45 and yes. Annoyingly I have some pedals (just basic ones) in the post. I ordered them last night then this morning one broke sending the shaft into the very worn sole of my shoe, finishing that off too.
Good work. I managed to get ready to leave and go to push the bike out the door the other day to find I had two flat tyres and a group ride in 20 minutes. So that makes me feel better.

Good work. I managed to get ready to leave and go to push the bike out the door the other day to find I had two flat tyres and a group ride in 20 minutes. So that makes me feel better.
:) I was not happy when I got to work. I managed to lash something to hold the pedal together with cable ties to get me home again. I have an old cheap bike been neglected in the shed, that I got when I was a student 25 years ago. I have nicked the pedals off that to see me through.

If I can get through to Friday, I will have gone 3 months without using my car for work, so I’m not going to give up easily!

Fantastic value this, ultegra aero bike for under £1300 very tempted although I like the canyon aeroad, they’d be more than double that price.

Fantastic value this, ultegra aero bike for under £1300 very tempted although I like the canyon aeroad, they’d be more than double that price.

Big advocate of Planet X
Amazing value bikes....as you know our winter bikes are from there as well as the wife’s “best bike”

Happy with them all

Big advocate of Planet X
Amazing value bikes....as you know our winter bikes are from there as well as the wife’s “best bike”

Happy with them all
Yes, the wife has a pro- carbon great bike for the money full campag paid less than £700 on cycle to work scheme.

Back after usual September bike/booze break

Some proper thunderstorms :eek:

As a result shoes smelly and still wet.....best tips to dry out and de smell ?

Currently got newspaper to dry them out. Options are bicarbonate et .

Have you taken the soles out? Newspaper normally works

Aye insoles out and shoes stuffed with newspaper....smell slightly less offensive

They had two real days of being soaked in Mallorca storms.
If this doesn’t do the trick a soak in Bicarbonate and water might be next

L’Equipe reports that Marion Sicot (Doltcini-Van Eyck) has an abnormal analytical finding for EPO in A-sample taken from French champs in June. She contests the findings. Twist to the story is she’s been coached by Franck Alaphilippe, Julien’s cousin and coach

Ho hum...

this may come across as a daft question . do people still go out on their road bikes as often in the winter when its tankin down and that .. or can it ruin your bike ?

from a running background the weather is almost irrelevant but lad at work says need to get on an indoor bike once winter kicks in

this may come across as a daft question . do people still go out on their road bikes as often in the winter when its tankin down and that .. or can it ruin your bike ?

from a running background the weather is almost irrelevant but lad at work says need to get on an indoor bike once winter kicks in
That's why people build up a winter bike, often with cheaper components so it doesn't matter if they get trashed, and it saves your pride & joy summer bike for the nice weather. Actually instead of cheaper gear I have nice high end Campag stuff on mine - picked up on ebay so still not too expensive - as they say "life is too short to ride shit bikes". . Also a proper winter training frame will have clearance for full mudguards. In fact many clubs require everyone to ride with mudguards in the winter months - if you have ever ridden in a group behind bikes with no mudguards in shitty weather you would know why.

Also it's an excuse to get another bike :)

Last edited:
killed me buying the first bike mate and that was a peezy £700 second hand
For years I never bothered with a winter bike - just rode the one all year round. Most equipment will work OK so long as you keep it clean & lubed - personally I think people go on too much about how riding through winter will ruin components - I mean it's only fukin watta. If your frame doesn't have clearance for full mudguards then you can get things called raceblades which fit on frames with no mudguard clearance. Alternatively you can do without so long as you're not riding in a group - as they say, skin is waterproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back