2019 Cycling thread

How often should you clean your road bike chain ?
Also if it’s making bit noise when change certain gears does it mean I should get a service ? Bought it 2nd hand and had it bout 2 month now , had a bike fit

Depends really on the mileage and type of rides ( wet/dry ) etc etc
Every three or four rides I give the chain a bit of a clean and re lube.

In the wet more often.

Well my cycling plans are for this week are crushed, came in from celebrating my birthday last night, locked up woke up this morning and the back gates been smashed and the bikes gone...... I'm more pissed off they didn't take the accessories with it.

Well my cycling plans are for this week are crushed, came in from celebrating my birthday last night, locked up woke up this morning and the back gates been smashed and the bikes gone...... I'm more pissed off they didn't take the accessories with it.

f***ing shit that...where were they kept ? Garage or shed ?

You or anyone else in the house not hear the door and the back gates being kicked in ?

How often should you clean your road bike chain ?
Also if it’s making bit noise when change certain gears does it mean I should get a service ? Bought it 2nd hand and had it bout 2 month now , had a bike fit
I don’t have a strict schedule but if I notice the gears sticking a bit or a little more noise I do it. I ride to work on a dry dusty compacted gravel path so it dries stuff out quickly. I have a proper chain cleaner to use every month or two, but usually just use a kitchen scrubbing brush I bought. Run the chain over it for a bit with the brush on one side or the other then lube it up. It gets most of the grit out.

Road World TT on...should be close

Ooff ..Pollit of Germany has just been stuck in his biggest gear ( must have a 57 at least on front) going up a drag.
Just gave the rear mech a boot :lol:

Backed Evenpoel to win

Calf strain running/swim a week ago , dunno whether to get the bike out or if that will still hit the calf ?
Elite mens race just about to come past my street, off out in the rain to see it.
Been cut short cos of flooded roads , Shame for such a big event

Back