2019 Cycling thread

Manuel

Striker
I've looked and can't see that anyone has started one yet.
So let's have the usual goals for 2019 etc.
I've signed up for Herb's 2019 C2C so will have to do a bit of training, am also up for something a bit more challenging on the roadie, if anyone else is?
The year hasn't started to well like :( CX is poorly, Snapped the derailleur hanger off and destroyed just about everything around it. She's getting a new full groupset, headstock sorted, pads and bar tape. Nearly as much as new bike :(
Also doping is everywhere or is it?

Nothing goal wise really...

Still struggling with man flu and wish it would fuck off

Might be tempted if someone comes up with something road bike wise....

I've looked and can't see that anyone has started one yet.
So let's have the usual goals for 2019 etc.
I've signed up for Herb's 2019 C2C so will have to do a bit of training, am also up for something a bit more challenging on the roadie, if anyone else is?
The year hasn't started to well like :( CX is poorly, Snapped the derailleur hanger off and destroyed just about everything around it. She's getting a new full groupset, headstock sorted, pads and bar tape. Nearly as much as new bike :(
Also doping is everywhere or is it?
I did the coast to coast in October by myself. I really enjoyed it but I struggled on parts as I didn't get the training I wanted in before hand.
I want to do it again this year but need to sort my knee problem out from doing the c2c when I had major issues on the final climb at Stanhope

Iv not got many goals this year. Maybe just to be more consistent in getting out and also to do more hill work

Nowt major planned as yet, mild winter so far....still commuting and spamming Strava feeds ;) Was out this morning and felt more like early spring than winter.
Might sign up for the cyclone or somat similar etc.

usual plans for me

cane zwift as often as i can till March, and then outside after that

hoping to do a century ride this year, but then i hope for that every year

Going to Spain in march for a week cycling.

Hopefully doing the masham brewery ride and there's talk of a London to Paris ride with my old work.

Going to aim for 2500 miles in 2019 but it would help if I used my bike this year.

If I get a job I'm going to see if anyone fancies getting the ferry to the dam and cycling around there in the summer.

main goal this year is to do c2c in a day; try and do more than 3500 miles and probably get in another trip abroad.

usual plans for me

cane zwift as often as i can till March, and then outside after that

hoping to do a century ride this year, but then i hope for that every year
Joined Zwift last month and managed to get about 350 miles in which I might not have done otherwise.
Might join the local club too

Last edited by a moderator:
Aiming for 2000 miles this year. I aimed for 750 last year and hit 1352. I also aimed for a 75 max distance ride but only hit 60. Will aim for that again this year and if I hit it got for the 100. The main reason I slackened off the long rides was the oppressive heat for months.

Got a new bike before Xmas, Triban 520 RC, as my Specialized Allez needed a new wheel, chain, rear gears, front set, front forks and headset. £480, so cheaper to get a new bike on CTW.

Looking for 3k miles and the C2C by myself in the spring.

Nowt planned as yet, just need to get back on the bike - less than 1k miles last year! :oops:

Open to suggestions for 2019 though if anyone has any ideas

2500 miles
150,000 ft elevation
C2C self supported in 2 days
Keilder shore loop in 2:10
Edinburgh to Sunderland self supported in 2 days
The Crossing 2019

On a 29" XC MTB

Need to shift a stone I've put on since I twanged my shoulder in October and I needed to shift 1.5 stone then !

Last edited:
main goal this year is to do c2c in a day;

Is that the official Sustrans C2C route or an approximation by staying on roads, taking more direct routes?

I know chaps that have done the C2C in a day or even the C2C2C in a day but that was sticking to more direct routes suitable for road bikes. Mind the elevation was still big.

Just interested as it's a massive achievement either way.

Need to buy a new bike. Sold my last one to pay for my motorbike since it was barely getting used. I have two issues I need to get my head round before I do though,

1- finding time. Working 9-5 mon-fri, doesn’t leave much time to do things with my wife, see family, do house work AND be out for half a day cycling.

2-to tackle this I used to commute. But SR6 to NE1, has become littered with traffic lights, 26 by last count over 12miles, it sapped the enjoyment out of it for me and I started to resent the route, of which that’s got the least. I tried others too.

Some advice on those would be appreciated.

Need to buy a new bike. Sold my last one to pay for my motorbike since it was barely getting used. I have two issues I need to get my head round before I do though,

1- finding time. Working 9-5 mon-fri, doesn’t leave much time to do things with my wife, see family, do house work AND be out for half a day cycling.

2-to tackle this I used to commute. But SR6 to NE1, has become littered with traffic lights, 26 by last count over 12miles, it sapped the enjoyment out of it for me and I started to resent the route, of which that’s got the least. I tried others too.

Some advice on those would be appreciated.

Bin the wife and kids....

Back