2019 Cycling thread

along with Boras and Quick Step with their 2 riders still having excellent chance for at least a podium finish IMO

Its such a shame that yesterday's stage came to an abrupt halt, especially for Steven Kruiswijk, as it was his plan to attack on that final climb that got cancelled.
The biggest winner from yesterday's stage was therefore Thomas as he would have lost time with no team mates with him, and with him missing or dropping his bottle of fuel just on that descent, which could easily have resulted in Top 3 being Bernal, Alaphilippe and Kruiswijk… now we will never know, and made worse with much shorter stage today so Kruiswijk can't really attack Bernal who must be tired after past 2 days of his attack?
But, it is what it is, so we will just have to see how rest of this tour now unfolds.
Really feel for Kruiswijk though because had we had that final climb yesterday and a full stage/climb today then I don't think that anybody amongst current leaders (top 5) other than Buchmann could have stayed with him... so under circs good fortune for the Ineos/Sky brigade

take off the dutch blinkers - yesterday Thomas would have had a free-ride just sitting on De Plus & Kruiswijk

and Alla would have just shed more time on the last climb

as for today - all that work by Jumbo just for Kruiswijk to just sit there doing nothing

This...bang on

We were watching hoping to see any last minute attacks, if it had been the Giro and they concentrated on Nibz fair enough, but not today
I was literally on the edge of my seat waiting for an attack,but hoping against one. Then....nowt. Happy to see Thomas over the line to retain second place but hugely deflated at the coverage.

The coverage of the last couple of k on the ITV4 coverage was Cak. Basically followed Nibali all the way to the line and then waited for the next few to cross. Showed nowt of the GC rivalry.

Not sure it's ITV at fault as such. All they can do is broadcast the host pictures. It was very poor though! Thinking there's going to be an attack and all we get is Bernal and Thomas side by side celebrating.

Wiggins on the motorbike on Eurosport has been wonderfully Partridge.

He's already pissed and had to apologise for swearing, said Ineos were handing out 'shit Lidl champagne' :lol:

I watched bernal knock back a couple of glasses and was concerned for him. He is a bit child like, wouldn't want him off his face on the champs.

Wiggins on the motorbike on Eurosport has been wonderfully Partridge.

He's already pissed and had to apologise for swearing, said Ineos were handing out 'shit Lidl champagne' :lol:

Wiggins now wanting chapeau and panache riding....when Mrs Wiggins says you can “shove panache up your arse”
:lol:

Got me bike shoes sorted and had a bikefit today at cycleworld , gonna have a blast out early morn tomorrow , no idea where to go though :D

Got London to Paris in a month so stepping up the training. Belta this morning. Not lost it. 75k at average 28kmh.devent climbing too. Missed it.
I was out on the bike today for the first time in more than six weeks. Only about 55k and still only managed an average of just under20km/h.. it was fkn windy and did quite a few hills but still my legs have f***ing gone.

Hey I was wrong - just checked and my average was 20.8km/h. So that’s alright then 🤣
I might as well take up f***ing golf.

Doing 75 miles around the closed roads in Peebles this Sunday. Should be good, but for some reason I've agreed to camping the night before. This could mean anywhere from 0 to 5 hours kip.
Looks like it's going to piss down so gabba at the ready.

50 miles today doing hill hunter. Knackered. Some of the descents were scary with the wind.
Where did you go dan? All new to me so never know where go . Need to do a basic bike maintenance course as know nowt if have problems when out on it
Cheers
Got proper sharp tan lines after French hols ( ooo look at me ;)) so top up next weeks trip.
Must admit we sup as much as ride.

Did Rocker do bike fit ?
No mate , lad called Chris , did have a chat with rocker while there

Where did you go dan? All new to me so never know where go . Need to do a basic bike maintenance course as know nowt if have problems when out on it

No mate , lad called Chris , did have a chat with rocker while there

Chris is the manager and the one who does any maintenance workshops.
Hard to avoid Rocker having a chat mind ;)

Back