Wright Signing Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such fannies going on cos it's a loan. Hes a free agent in the summer, hes also had a lot of injuries recently, signing him on loan allows us A) cut him in the summer if it doesnt work out, or B) sign him for free in the summer if it does work out.

Its win win
Some common sense.
Looks a good signing, I couldn’t care less if it’s a loan. Defence is strengthened and promotion the aim. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Lafferty though is baffling and just sums up the club under these clowns
Why? He’s the sort of striker our current system utilises, is experienced and has played more than 300 games at SPL, Championship and Serie B level.

Used more to drag defenders away and let the wide men and midfielders get forward/central and score goals rather than scoring the goals himself. Like a slimmer, shitter Heskey/Hartson. Could be seen in the Gooch goal at the weekend.

Given that there’s a chance Huddersfield or Stoke, could be in L1 next season we need to get out this year.

Last edited:
Why? He’s the sort of striker our current system utilises, is experienced and has played more than 300 games at SPL, Championship and Serie B level.

Used more to drag defenders away and let the wide men and midfielders get forward/central and score goals rather than scoring the goals himself. Like a slimmer, shitter Heskey/Hartson. Could be seen in the Gooch goal at the weekend.

Given that there’s a chance Huddersfield or Stoke, could be in L1 next season we need to get out this year.
Why?

We've made short term signings for as long as I can remember. He goes from club to club without scoring many goals, why is that? Its just another player to replace, regardless what division we're in next season, in the summer. We have to break this short term thinking sooner or later. Sooner the better for me.

Lynch is fine. Him and Willis have been a different league to our centre halves last season, any difficulties we have had are down to the regression in the rest of the team being more significant to the improvement at centre half.

He loves a massive hoof to no one though.

Mcglauchlin is f***ing shit mind.
I rest my case....

The whole club from the ownership to the cleaning of the bogs is on hold pending the outcome of our league position at the end of this season. It's clear that they're not going to risk signing better players on championship money in the anticipation of promotion. Parkinson's job is to mould these League One players into a top of League One team and they're not going to step outside of a League One structure to do it. The style they play wants a Wyke,so they've signed a cheap backup for that system. The loan deal for Wright seems a good one to me.
They'll probably add a cheap loan midfield player too and that will be it. Maybe McNulty/Grigg will leave.They won't want to offer any new contracts to existing players,only if they get forced into it. I'm not that bothered about that,because, if we do get promoted,most of them won't be good enough for next season anyway. At present,they don't want young players to develop,they're only interested in someone who can perform at this level now. The most important person at the club is Parkinson....he's got to build on the improvements he's made,get them to the top of this league and keep them there till May,without any significant change to the expenditure column.
The only thing I can do is to cheer them to the rafters every time they take the field and to hope......no change there then!:(

We don't have much money and an owner actively looking to sell,
pretty obvious we d be getting loans in

Have you seen any evidence of us signing young players to play in the 1st team?
Weve been told that the scouting was ripped back to its bare bones.

I think you're trying to find excuses for them

I'm not trying to find excuses for anyone.

I pointed out to you that every football club in the land is also looking for young players with potential, like you say we should be (we probably are). The difference is, we're league one. We haven't got the draw that we used to have, so kids aren't going to be exactly falling over themselves to come to us.

so long as we get promoted and out of this shitty division i dont care who we sign.
get promotion and we may suddenly be a totally different proposition for takeover bids anyway

Yann mvila

Is he any good?
whats your thoughts ,any good for us in l1. what if we went up . decent signing and what can we expect from the lad.

Wright will be a solid player for you.

True captain that puts his heart in his sleeve in every game.

Played RB for us for an entire season, never looked to complain once.

Can play in a 3, did with us for a while.

Sacrificed his spot in the World Cup, whilst playing through an injury for us.

A solid 7/10 in every game he plays.

Been unlucky since signing for us, we've had Flint (8m to Boro), Webster (25m to Brighton) & Kalas (8m to us), along with Ashley Williams and our own Taylor Moore so Wright hasn't had much of a chance.

If I was in your position, which I really don't mean to sound patronising, I'd be very happy with this.

I posted a dozen opinions on Semenyo in the other thread.

One last comment, he will be a great player. High end Championship at a minimum. However, he's only had 2 years of professional coaching in his entire life. He's very raw, he may not be amazing for you this year, but he definitely has all the potential to be.

I'm not trying to find excuses for anyone.

I pointed out to you that every football club in the land is also looking for young players with potential, like you say we should be (we probably are). The difference is, we're league one. We haven't got the draw that we used to have, so kids aren't going to be exactly falling over themselves to come to us.
We aren't though, that's the point. We didn't have scouts for over a year. We're still here now signing loans, freebies, contacts of Cotons and has beens. Nothing has changed

Last edited:
There is no long term at all with Donald, he can't sustain us. He doesn't have the money and hasn't shown he has the nous. Sooner him and his cronies are gone the better.

So why do you expect him to make long term sineings then Rocko?

Reactions: Red
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back