Wright Signing Confirmed

But on a loan deal.

Have I misunderstood something ?

I thought we were looking to sign permanently.

So much for us having funds available for this window !!
As Benno said weeks ago on BBC Turtle spurt,before the window opened, He couldn't see any money being spent on full transfers. It would be all loans and freebies. Seems he is about to be proved right.

Don't see the problem with a short term deal. We're hoping we go up, revisit the situtation at the end of the season.

If we do go up and he's good enough he signs. If we go up and he's not he doesn't. If we don't go up it keeps his options open.

Who cares if it's a loan? It's effectively try before you buy and the potential buy in the summer will be £0. We could have just bought him now spent funds for no reason - perfect business sense.
I'm not fussed if it's a loan, but if he does well and someone else comes in, it seems like we'll not be able to match wages offered by other clubs so could well lose out. Let's just hope he does well for us in his time here and worry about the rest later, hopefully when Donald and Co. are long gone.

Such fannies going on cos it's a loan. Hes a free agent in the summer, hes also had a lot of injuries recently, signing him on loan allows us A) cut him in the summer if it doesnt work out, or B) sign him for free in the summer if it does work out.

Its win win
I don’t Think people are acting like fannies. They are questioning loan deals again when we were told that funds were available in this window. No problem with loans as long as they are decent (not like we signed last January which were just a waste of signings). But would also like to see permanent signings so that come the end of the season we aren’ Scraping about again.

Back