Wright Signing Confirmed

I seem to remember Donald saying fund's would be available for this window.. that may still be the case but a free transfer and 6 month contract, and a loan deal, short termism looks like it to me, of course and theirs players out of contract come summer as well.

Always the same old excuses when we sign players on loan. I wouldn’t mind if this was the odd time instead of the norm.

The way i see it is, it seems to me that, both signings have been short term moves because, the owners expect a sale which is gonna be signed off soon, so they hope come the summer window its someone else's problem which explains why John McLaughlin contact hasn't been looked at for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way i see it is, it seems to me that, both signings have been short term moves because, the owners expect a sale which is gonna be signed off soon, so they hope come the summer window its someone else's problem which explains why John McLaughlin contact hasn't been looked at for me.
probably is mate, bit he did say the "forced sale" hadn't changed anything with regards January window

probably is mate, bit he did say the "forced sale" hadn't changed anything with regards January window

At this point we believe the word of the owner given his contradictions, previously, ? which are all on public record, sounds to me as if he using the language of forced sale to get people to feel sorry for him, so hopefully he can use that as good PR in the future for his next club he's buys which i assume is going to be oxford depending on funds from our sale.

😂 this place is getting worse Dilli mate. As long as the lad is good enough to see the season out that will do me. Whatever happens after that remains to be seen.
Exactly mate.
We still have to pay a loan fee and make a contribution towards his wages. Why not buy out the remaindered of his contract?
How much are we paying him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think it’s because the parachute money ends this year. If we go up we can assess who is good enough and who we can let go. If this lad is good enough to keep he gets a better deal if we go up. If he’s crap and/ or we can’t afford what he wants we’re not stuck with him in league1.
We might be a big fish in a small pond at the moment but come next season we will have to live within our means and that takes planning now, not in May.
Some people play far too much Football Manager and think it’s real life.

My thoughts exactly :lol:

Could have signed M'Vila for around £8 million, didn't pay it because he was joining us on a free and instead were about ten points worse off without him by January, pretty much already relegated and lost a lot more money than £8 million by going into the Championship.

Good times, good times.

At least we have the player this time though I guess, so it's different in that regard.
fee 8 mill and would have been a lot more with his wage people forget that, was a gamble we didnt take

I know nothing about him. Hopefully he's better than what we have and we've signed him to play in the first team as opposed to backup.

I also think it’s because the parachute money ends this year. If we go up we can assess who is good enough and who we can let go. If this lad is good enough to keep he gets a better deal if we go up. If he’s crap and/ or we can’t afford what he wants we’re not stuck with him in league1.
We might be a big fish in a small pond at the moment but come next season we will have to live within our means and that takes planning now, not in May.
Some people play far too much Football Manager and think it’s real life.

To be honest it should of been planned 6 weeks ago, for the summer window, i can't see why at football club the size of sunderland you can't do two things at once to be honest, have two or three lists of who we can look at, who's deals are coming an end, who looks like they are moving on and who we can afford, to me it at the moment it looks like just chuck all the remain chips on red and hope the ball lands on our number, however for the rest of your comment, in the championship we are still a big enough fish for that pond as well, however once we return to the premer league i would agree with it will be live within your means time.

I know nothing about him. Hopefully he's better than what we have and we've signed him to play in the first team as opposed to backup.
Thing is Gip nee bodies scoring against us now ,so dont know how much better it can get.Had an away match there where jon mc didnt make a save in the game.

To be honest it should of been planned 6 weeks ago, for the summer window, i can't see why at football club the size of sunderland you can't do two things at once to be honest, have two or three lists of who we can look at, who's deals are coming an end, who looks like they are moving on and who we can afford, to me it at the moment it looks like just chuck all the remain chips on red and hope the ball lands on our number, however for the rest of your comment, in the championship we are still a big enough fish for that pond as well, however once we return to the premer league i would agree with it will be live within your means time.
Yeh, I agreed. It’s just some people think we should be the Man City of League 1 when in reality we are probably just a little bit better off than the majority once you take our wages bill into account.

Back