Wright Signing Confirmed

Yeh, I agreed. It’s just some people think we should be the Man City of League 1 when in reality we are probably just a little bit better off than the majority once you take our wages bill into account.

To be fair, i would also suggest with a club our size we should be acting like manchester city in this league and here's why, if the plan was long term starting from last summer we could of gone out and picked up all the best talent in this league and given them a chance to play for Sunderland AFC a former premer league club, with the facility's to match, now we were going about it the right way when we signed Luke O'Nien. and since then bring threw some of the young players and signed some prospects in Dobson Willis etc hume up from the reserves, however we could also have looked at some of the other good signings in this division, for example the lad walker at Lincoln, sure on loan from forest but, its signings like him we could be targeting or should be targeting as he fits with what is required Pace, Power, and Strength. ultimately what i sam saying is the clubs name in the lower leagues should be used to the fullest, and sometimes i wonder if it is to be honest.

To be fair, i would also suggest with a club our size we should be acting like manchester city in this league and here's why, if the plan was long term starting from last summer we could of gone out and picked up all the best talent in this league and given them a chance to play for Sunderland AFC a former premer league club, with the facility's to match, now we were going about it the right way when we signed Luke O'Nien. and since then bring threw some of the young players and signed some prospects in Dobson Willis etc hume up from the reserves, however we could also have looked at some of the other good signings in this division, for example the lad walker at Lincoln, sure on loan from forest but, its signings like him we could be targeting or should be targeting as he fits with what is required Pace, Power, and Strength. ultimately what i sam saying is the clubs name in the lower leagues should be used to the fullest, and sometimes i wonder if it is to be honest.
Totally agree, but I’m relation to this lad and the fact he’s on loan, I don’t see any issue with it.

I know nothing about him. Hopefully he's better than what we have and we've signed him to play in the first team as opposed to backup.
Decent article here on him:

Based on that he’s better. I guess it remains to be seen whether he’s suited to the system/style and complements the other players.

Totally agree, but I’m relation to this lad and the fact he’s on loan, I don’t see any issue with it.

No issues with the loan myself, however i do have to wonder why their is such short termism, surely a club like Sunderland could sign players and use them in both league one and the championship, of course not every player, but enough so that you wouldn't have to rebuild the squad from 0 again in the summer window.

in isolation I have no issue, but its every bloody transfer and every window now. To build a base needs strong foundations and short term, this isn't going to help, merely mean a lot of negotiations during the summer again. Being honest, it is still the issue I have with the Parkinson appointment, not the man himself but he is a League 1/ bottom Championship, we need to be looking beyond that

in isolation I have no issue, but its every bloody transfer and every window now. To build a base needs strong foundations and short term, this isn't going to help, merely mean a lot of negotiations during the summer again. Being honest, it is still the issue I have with the Parkinson appointment, not the man himself but he is a League 1/ bottom Championship, we need to be looking beyond that
The fact that managers don’t last long here probably means Parkinson won’t be here in 2 years time anyway.

There’s a reason the likes of Lincoln’s fans and others chant at us “you’re not famous anymore “, we’re just a fully fledged League One side now.
Second, some keeper from the 1950s was the first apparently. I’m sure someone will know who it is.
Willie Fraser, although classed as Scottish he was born in Australia.

Last edited:
There’s a reason the likes of Lincoln’s fans and others chant at us “you’re not famous anymore “, we’re just a fully fledged League One side now.

Willie Fraser, although classed as Scottish he was born in Australia.

If you want to think so then fair enough, not for me mind or what other club's fan's thinks of us.

I know it's hard to take, for any fan on here as we are used to better signings that this. Personally, it wil,l be a few years before I get excited again, same as the rest of you.
Blame JR

Such fannies going on cos it's a loan. Hes a free agent in the summer, hes also had a lot of injuries recently, signing him on loan allows us A) cut him in the summer if it doesnt work out, or B) jump ship somewhere else for free in the summer if it does work out.

Its win lose

tidied (just stating another possible option)

people seem to define our success by how much money we spend.
How do they define how much money we've lost on these?
Dilliboje
Alvarez
Rodwell
Kone
N'Dong
As well as still paying wages for players who had left the club?

Back