Without any disrespect ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

It will dawn on the new signings just what a big club it is they've come to.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.
And we call them up the road deluded?

..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.

Where are ya???????????????????

Let's be avin yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well i have just had a cuppa out of my safc mug, how ironic:lol:, totally lost interest now :cry:

It's a friendly against Celtic. Absolutely meaningless man, I'll be amazed if there's more than 25k there and it's a guaranteed flat atmosphere. What you expecting like a bouncing SOL with flares and that ?

My lads first game tomorrow, praying to God he likes it as not been able to do Saturdays for last 5 years as his mam at work.....He likes it, Dad and lad season ticket Monday :cool:

It's a friendly against Celtic. Absolutely meaningless man, I'll be amazed if there's more than 25k there and it's a guaranteed flat atmosphere. What you expecting like a bouncing SOL with flares and that ?

Like Celtic do friendlys man.....Dunno what the home end will be like but with 8000 pissed up Glaswegians in the away end it will definitely be lively.

My lads first game tomorrow, praying to God he likes it as not been able to do Saturdays for last 5 years as his mam at work.....He likes it, Dad and lad season ticket Monday :cool:

Like Celtic do friendlys man.....Dunno what the home end will be like but with 8000 pissed up Glaswegians in the away end it will definitely be lively.
I was meaning the home end. Couldn't give a fuck about them pub league wankers. Roll on next Friday certainly, I can't wait but a friendly against Celtic... Nah means nowt to me.

i dont get this, why would his mam being at work stop YOU taking him? ( not being nasty or owt mate )

I object, your honour.

People will talk about it for years to come ..... I wish I could make it.

Of course it's just a meaningless friendly, and of course I'm not expecting 'a bouncing SOL with flares and that', but there are reasons it's interesting and useful.

Reactions: JTF
People will talk about it for years to come ..... I wish I could make it.

Of course it's just a meaningless friendly, and of course I'm not expecting 'a bouncing SOL with flares and that', but there are reasons it's interesting and useful.
They need to have a word with themselves then. It means absolutely fuck all compared to the game 6 days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back