Without any disrespect ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know. Ones a meaningless friendly and ones a league fixture.
I'm a bit puzzled at why you're trying to big the Celtic game up as something it isn't. What's the beef ?

I'm not bigging it up, I'm describing it exactly as I see it.

I don't have a beef at all, you're the one coming on being aggressive and using bad language.

It's just a harmless little thread about a Sunderland friendly, no need to get angry.

I'm not bigging it up, I'm describing it exactly as I see it.

I don't have a beef at all, you're the one coming on being aggressive and using bad language.

It's just a harmless little thread about a Sunderland friendly, no need to get angry.
I'm not angry I'm just confused. You're being weird so I'll just leave it and let you crack on. Enjoy the game however you watch / listen to it.

They have a champions league game on Wednesday, they arent going to give a fuck really

I didn't actually say they would, I don't think I mentioned them, but I think it's beside the point.

I'm more concerned about how the Sunderland players and supporters react and enjoy the day tbh.

People will talk about it for years to come ..... I wish I could make it.

Of course it's just a meaningless friendly, and of course I'm not expecting 'a bouncing SOL with flares and that', but there are reasons it's interesting and useful.
I usually agree with your posts but you will have to explain why this game against Celtic is interesting and useful.

I usually agree with your posts but you will have to explain why this game against Celtic is interesting and useful.

First home game under the new manager.

First home game for the new signings.

First home game for the supporters since we were relegated.

The biggest away following many people will have seen at the SOL.

A major Scottish team in Sunderland for the first time in years.

First home game since Bradley left us and a minute's applause.

Last game before the season starts.

Nothing earth shattering but I never claimed it was, just a cut above away games at places like Bury

Nothing earth shattering but I never claimed it was, just a cut above away games at places like Bury
10/10 for effort but Haway. I am not going and neither are you. Nuff said.

10/10 for effort but Haway. I am not going and neither are you. Nuff said.

I'd certainly be going if I could, I think it'll be a day that's spoken about for years.

I have Mrs Reiver's family arriving for a few days holiday and I can't get away for a friendly.

I'm sure I'll end up wishing I'd been there.

After seeing the likes of Stoke bring a few busloads of supporters it'll be interesting seeing a decent away support.

I'd certainly be going if I could, I think it'll be a day that's spoken about for years.

I have Mrs Reiver's family arriving for a few days holiday and I can't get away for a friendly.

I'm sure I'll end up wishing I'd been there.

After seeing the likes of Stoke bring a few busloads of supporters it'll be interesting seeing a decent away support.
Okay mate we will have to agree to disagree but l am sure , despite your recent love in with him, we still agree MrJardine is a bad sort.
Have a great weekend. I have never cared for any Sxottish team or rated them, I 'll be there on Friday, early start.

Add your statement that people will be talking about this game for years. But still not enough to tempt you to go. Because the in laws are visiting? Or because its a friendly?

Add your statement that people will be talking about this game for years. But still not enough to tempt you to go. Because the in laws are visiting? Or because its a friendly?

Oops sorry, my mistake .... I've never actually read the T&C's on RTG so I didn't realise I had to account to no marks like you.

The family visit was arranged months ago, as there's an invalid involved as well as a 9 month old baby .... it's a 200 mile journey each way.

As they can only visit Mrs Reiver a few times a year I don't think it would be reasonable to be absent for 2 days of a 3 day visit.

Especially as she puts up with me doing that throughout the season, year after year.

I even left her alone in Italy, for 3 days, when I flew back for the 'di Canio derby' which she encouraged me to do.

If that explanation doesn't meet with your standards you can go and get fucked .... hope that helps :D

The Op is amusing

It's supposed to be fun on here, why not give it a try ;)

Last edited:
..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

It will dawn on the new signings just what a big club it is they've come to.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.
Talk about delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back