Without any disrespect ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

It will dawn on the new signings just what a big club it is they've come to.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.

Will be the complete opposite. Nobody will give a shite.

They don't have much opposition though do they? In Scotland. A decent championship team would win their league.
Celtic are good going forward, given our current defence I'm fully expecting we ship at least 2 goals. Thankfully Celtic aren't great at the back either.

Putting those few thousand red seats in was like putting red lipstick on a pig, the whole place looks filthy and in need of a makeover, that wasn't going to happen in the prem and sure as fuck won't happen now we are relegated. It really has been left for too long, those pink/white seats must be close to there lifetime having been in there twenty years now.

I didn't say it was either, you said that.

This is what I said,

"..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter."

Bit of a poor comment that mate.
I suppose it depends on what takes you to "get fired up" whether it needs to be a special occasion or not. I'll admit that even games against "shit" teams we play in premier league games can be looked forward to but that is normally because there is a remote possibility of getting 3 points out of it.

I personally just don't get excited by a friendly against a Scottish team whether it is St Johnstone or Celtic

You lasted about 2 posts pretending to be a Sunderland fan. Imagine signing up to a rivals messageboard to pretend you support them for attention man. :lol:
Imagine being that thick that he is outed after only two posts.

Rangers were a big club, but they died. Maybe this recently formed team will one day live to to predecessor and win some titles one day.

OP was right - Biggest club in Scotland

Biggest Irish club in Scotland perhaps. :lol: The Rangers always have and always will be Scotland's biggest club, they are the club of the establishment. They are the most successful club in Scotland with the most fans and Scottish football suffered irreparable damage when they were relegated in 2012 but the club will bounce back sooner rather than later, it's just a matter of time till they are champions again.

Biggest Irish club in Scotland perhaps. :lol: The Rangers always have and always will be Scotland's biggest club, they are the club of the establishment. They are the most successful club in Scotland with the most fans and Scottish football suffered irreparable damage when they were relegated in 2012 but the club will bounce back sooner rather than later, it's just a matter of time till they are champions again.

All that may have some truth but Celtic are a bigger club at the moment imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back