Without any disrespect ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

Winger
..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

It will dawn on the new signings just what a big club it is they've come to.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.

..... it's difficult to get fired up for an away game at Scunthorpe United or St Johnstone.

But playing at the SOL, against the biggest club in Scotland, is a different matter.

I expect Sunderland to walk out to a home crowd, onto a pristine summer pitch, and put in a real performance.

For the likes of Vaughan this will be a massive moment in their career and, for the 'wantaways' like Lens, Kone & Khazri might make them wonder if their next club will be so much better.
Sunderland are a decent club, with great supporters, and that needs to be imposed on the players we pay huge amounts to represent us.

I wish I could be there but hope every Sunderland supporter walks out proud to have seen their team play.

Why would playing against celtics b team get people fired up, the week before the season starts when no one wants to be injured?

Why would playing against celtics b team get people fired up, the week before the season starts when no one wants to be injured?

Perhaps they won't be fired up, perhaps walking out in a Sunderland shirt at home for the first time means nowt whatsoever, perhaps I'm wrong, ...... just don't think I am.

What a load of bollocks

Well, you're the expert :lol:

It's Celtic, not Barca or Madrid.

They don't have much opposition though do they? In Scotland. A decent championship team would win their league.

The "wantaways" wanted away in the Premier League, I'm not sure being relegated and playing in the prestigious Dafabet Cup is going to change their minds - regardless of how pristine the grass is.

This thread has gone better than even I expected.

As I clicked 'post new thread' I wondered how quickly the Misserati would come on to post.

With the exception of another 2 or 3 they've all posted within minutes.

It's so predictable it's lost all sense of surprise .... some of these people must live on here just waiting to 'pounce' :lol:

The wantaways will have witnessed a few times what a rocking SoL can be like but unfortunately I don't think it's that that motivates them, you could argue there are mitigating circumstances for all three players but the fact remains we the fans deserve their very best on all occasions regardless of whatever beef they have with coaching or management. I will say all three can be redeemed imo with committed performances till when or if they are sold.

The Dafabet Cup is the biggest silverware Celtic will be playing for this year. Glasgow City Council have already booked Sauchiehall Street and St George's Sq for the open top bus parade, just on the off chance.

OP living in the past , we playing a friendly against the big fish from a pub league that is widely regarded nowadays as at or about the english div1 standard.
Players like Vaughn , again div1 standard are not gonna suddenly morph into championship quality because the crowd is 20,000 or so. Neither will the SOL hold any attraction to the likes of kasrhi , lens , kone who will all be gone before the end of august.
I agree with everything you say about our supporters , but lets not put our heads in the sand , this is our worst squad since the micmac era and we are gonna have to face a long haul to get back to even a competitive championship squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back