Why do they have a bible in hotel rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just ignoring it and letting the next occupant decide for themselves would be the grown up thing to do.
The Nazis also destroyed books to 'protect' the German people.
The correct analogy would be Nazis leaving copies of Mein Kampf in hotel rooms. Burning books which other people own and want to have is very different to objecting to have a book forced on you.

Go right ahead and split hairs about "forced."

The correct analogy would be Nazis leaving copies of Mein Kampf in hotel rooms. Burning books which other people own and want to have is very different to objecting to have a book forced on you.

Go right ahead and split hairs about "forced."
As Mein Kampf isn't banned in the U.K. at the moment any Nazis could ask hotel chains if they could leave copies in rooms although I don't believe any chain would agree to this.
Which other literature would you bin to protect others?
For instance if you travelled to Qatar or UAE, where many hotels have the Koran in their rooms, would you bin that?

A Gideon bible left in a hotel room is not an imposition upon anyone in anyway shape or form neither is it people thrusting beliefs upon anybody.
Is Country Life or Hello magazines left in the doctors or dentist surgery any worse.
I cannot understand the nonsense vitriol and criminal vandalism advocated by some "people" on here.
Considering that the basics of our judicial system and ethical values were based upon" judeo christian values" it is ridiculous to suggest that book in particular for which it is not obligatory to read could be a source of any so called moral offence.
Going back in history that book was in this country the only source for teaching people to read or not.
Irrespective of whether you take on board the books messages it is a darn good read and as the "News of the World" used to say "all human life is here"
Some people want to get a sense of balance.
I wouldn't even dream of damaging even a rival clubs fanzine left in a public waiting room of any description.It certainly wouldn't turn my football belief system.

A Gideon bible left in a hotel room is not an imposition upon anyone in anyway shape or form neither is it people thrusting beliefs upon anybody.
Is Country Life or Hello magazines left in the doctors or dentist surgery any worse.
I cannot understand the nonsense vitriol and criminal vandalism advocated by some "people" on here.
Considering that the basics of our judicial system and ethical values were based upon" judeo christian values" it is ridiculous to suggest that book in particular for which it is not obligatory to read could be a source of any so called moral offence.
Going back in history that book was in this country the only source for teaching people to read or not.
Irrespective of whether you take on board the books messages it is a darn good read and as the "News of the World" used to say "all human life is here"
Some people want to get a sense of balance.
I wouldn't even dream of damaging even a rival clubs fanzine left in a public waiting room of any description.It certainly wouldn't turn my football belief system.
Surely the book would need to be still somebody's property for the act of drawing a cock on it to be described as criminal vandalism? They have been given away by the owner. I'm not sure they belong to the hotel technically.

As much as im not religious if this is true its f***ing diabolical of you to be honest

These are put in there for people of faith to take comfort while away from home

Not all of us have the same beliefs but theres no need to mock others for theirs, each to their own is my take on life.

How can you have that "take on life" after calling what he did "diabolical"? :lol:

Surely the "each to their own" also includes people who find solace and comfort etc in drawing cock and balls in a bible?

It's all a bit petty considering religion isn't supposed to matter in the slightest. Sometimes the ladies, they doth protest too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back