Why do they have a bible in hotel rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no answer. It's up to you.

However, bear in mind that the Old Testament concepts date back longer than the Old Testament itself, to the Indus Valley around 2,000 BC in written form and much earlier in oral form.

So take any inherent nationalism with a pinch of salt.
I only looked at revelations and page three

Disappointing

There is no answer. It's up to you.

However, bear in mind that the Old Testament concepts date back longer than the Old Testament itself, to the Indus Valley around 2,000 BC in written form and much earlier in oral form.

So take any inherent nationalism with a pinch of salt.
Dont change it if its not broken....thats a big whoosh !...just throwing it out there.....

I only looked at revelations and page three

Disappointing

Revelations is too wrapped up in symbolism to mean anything except to someone who had studied Revelations. Not really suited for a casual reader.

Not my cup of tea but there are some interesting sections like these two in the last two chapters 21 and 22:

[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Last edited:
Revelations is too wrapped up in symbolism to mean anything except to someone who had studied Revelations. Not really suited for a casual reader.

Not my cup of tea but there are some interesting sections like this one in the last chapter 22:

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
I just skimmed that bit

Fair enough but is he describing an inner vision or an external reality?

If it is a Revelation, it must be the former I think, or maybe not.

Were you searching for any juicy bits about the Whore of Babylon so just skimmed the rest?

I understand your disappointment.[/QUOTE)

As they say in Yorkshire...bye its late....goodnight!

“Keep the company of those who seek the truth and run from those who have found it”

Vaclav Havel (1st President of the Czech Republic)

Sound advice whatever your beliefs.

I wonder what the percentage of hotel guest are that are christian? I bet its not more than 20%.

Its also condescending to think that people who may wish to read a bible don't either carry their own, or have a phone, tablet, or laptop with which to do so should they wish.

Depends how you define Christian mate. Some I know are racist and homophobic. I only hope that when they meet their good Lord, he is gay and black. That conversation would make me giggle.

The BBC have just said that 50% of the UK believe in life after death, and 25% believe in angels!!!! :eek::lol::lol::lol: Shirley that's utter shite?

I don't really see the harm in a bible being left in a hotel room. I do understand the arguments about being against indoctrination (and, if it matters, I'm absolutely athiest). That being said, the bible is a hard, boring thing to read (not that I've tried since I was quite a bit younger, maybe I'd understand it more now). If they were leaving easy to read leaflets I'd probably be more against it, as it is I doubt many would pick a bible up out of sheer boredom, get into it and randomly become a Christian. I think the only people who would read it would be those who are already religious, and some might get some comfort from it.

Equally I agree about religion having no place in education and that we shouldn't be trying to convince kids to believe. My boy is in nursery and, with me being off this week, I was able to go and listen to him and his class singing their Christmas songs. I loved it, but there was one song about celebrating because baby Jesus was born and it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Again though, not many kids go on their own to a hotel room. They wouldn't be interested in a bible anyway (again, as opposed to a flashy leaflet type thing that they could use if they wanted to try and convert people), and even if they would read it, they'd have parents there who would tell them if they could or not. So I think it's harmless. I wouldn't deface it, or bin it, I wouldn't read it like but that's besides the point. I equally wouldn't mind if a copy of the Qur'an was lying next to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back