Why do they have a bible in hotel rooms?

Is there evidence that it doesn’t?
Really? You want him to provide evidence that bibles in hotels don't prevent suicides.

That's not how the burden of proof works.
If you disagree, I say those bibles cause men to go out and sexually assault children, and by your logic, it's your job to prove that isn't true.

See, it's the wrong way round.

I'm not religious, nor do I have any intention of reading the bible , but I don't see the problem of one being in a hotel room for those that want it.
It's only a little book - it's not gonna cause any harm/hardship to any nonbelievers, so what's the problem.
Each to their own
No problems. I just don’t get the point in it anymore

Really? You want him to provide evidence that bibles in hotels don't prevent suicides.

If you disagree, I say those bibles cause men to go out and sexually assault children, and by your logic, it's your job to prove that isn't true.

You owe me £1000. Prove you don’t or pay up :lol:

When I was working in Morocco and Tunisia , there was a plastic arrow glued to the drawer - took me ages to work out what is was for :)

There’s no evidence either way, so your post sucks.

They only still have them because if they didn't they'd be forever denying the claims from knuckle draggers that they'd only been removed because they offended Muslims. Like and share if you think this is a dizgrayce.

I wouldn't vandalise one myself but if other people choose to shove their beliefs in your face then they should expect a variety of reactions.
I don't see leaving a little book in a drawer people never even look in as throwing things in ones face but we all feel different.

I don't see leaving a little book in a drawer people never even look in as throwing things in ones face but we all feel different.

If Christians went into a hotel room and found the Satanic Bible in there do you think they would feel as charitable ? Or maybe the Communist Party Manifesto or Mein Kampf ?
Or how about Muslims finding the Satanic Verses in their room ?

The last time i found a bible in a hotel drawer was 2006 iirc. Sheffield city centre hotel. Me and the wife were staying overnight, prior to Sheff wed. 2 v 4 Sunderland.
I was reading "The god delusion" at the time. So i stuck it in the drawer next to the bible and took a pic. My wife reckons we may still have it somewhere.

I don't believe they have any right to attempt to foist their beliefs on other people by leaving their propaganda in hotel rooms. Any I find go straight in the bin. I consider myself to be protecting the next occupant.
Just ignoring it and letting the next occupant decide for themselves would be the grown up thing to do.
The Nazis also destroyed books to 'protect' the German people.

Back