Why do they have a bible in hotel rooms?

Sorry to have a straight face but I hope people talking about defacing these things are joking. You may not agree with them but no need to vandalise others beliefs, finding that would really hurt someone.
I don't believe they have any right to attempt to foist their beliefs on other people by leaving their propaganda in hotel rooms. Any I find go straight in the bin. I consider myself to be protecting the next occupant.

Sorry to have a straight face but I hope people talking about defacing these things are joking. You may not agree with them but no need to vandalise others beliefs, finding that would really hurt someone.

It's condescending to think that everyone staying in a hotel room would want to read such a book.

Leave a copy in the lobby.

Save a fortune and not offend people who find religion offensive :D

I wonder what the percentage of hotel guest are that are christian? I bet its not more than 20%.

It's condescending to think that everyone staying in a hotel room would want to read such a book.
Its also condescending to think that people who may wish to read a bible don't either carry their own, or have a phone, tablet, or laptop with which to do so should they wish.

I'd be surprised if the percentage of the guests who would read it will be anywhere near 1% let alone 20%
Oh absolutely. I just meant the potential audience may be as high as 20%. Then reduce to the percentage of people who might actually want to read a bible on any given day, and you're well well under 1% imo

Then realise that those people almost certain carry their own version of their specific bible, either physical or digital.

I would bet that 90% of hotel bibles are never read in any given year. Possibly aside from people looking at them out of curiosity.

Back