Why do they have a bible in hotel rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The harshness of the atheist zealots is mind boggling.
There's few things worse than these people imo.

How can you have that "take on life" after calling what he did "diabolical"? :lol:

Surely the "each to their own" also includes people who find solace and comfort etc in drawing cock and balls in a bible?
Depends if you think unlawful vandalism or deliberately offending other people's point of view falls under the "each to their own" mantra. I'd say it doesn't but we all have different moral codes sadly.

Last edited:

Depends if you think unlawful vandalism or deliberately offending other people's point of view falls under the "each to their own" mantra. I'd say it doesn't but we all have different moral codes sadly.
f***ing snowflake! ;)

For instance if you travelled to Qatar or UAE, where many hotels have the Koran in their rooms, would you bin that?
Large majority of Qatar identify as Muslim.
The UK is no longer a majority Christian country.

The harshness of the atheist zealots is mind boggling.
I'm so sorry for pointing out something which is clearly an overstep of the powerful Christian lobbying movement.

I'm not, as some religious groups may, advocating any violence in my remarks.

A Gideon bible left in a hotel room is not an imposition upon anyone in anyway shape or form

Going back in history that book was in this country the only source for teaching people to read or not.

Some people want to get a sense of balance.

Ok, lets put a Koran next to it then if its balance you're looking for. I'd wager more people in the UK read the Koren on a daily basis than the Bible.

As for your other comment, no problem, next time your ill, I'll fetch some leeches round.

Last edited:

I think there are far worse things that happen. I'd probably focus my efforts on addressing them but we all have different moral codes thankfully.

You mean the atheist zealots who leave books in hotel rooms ?
In pretty much EVERY SINGLE hotel room in the country. 750,000 rooms. I bet over half a million books have been placed.

Its actually f***ing creepy when you think about how for the reach of religion goes isn't it?

In pretty much EVERY SINGLE hotel room in the country. 750,000 rooms. I bet over half a million books have been placed.

Its actually f***ing creepy when you think about how for the reach of religion goes isn't it?

Sorry got two of those creepy atheist lads at the front door in their shirts and ties, wanting to sell me the word of Richard Dawkins.
Be back soon.

Desperation in the Marketing departments. All of that money could have been used to help the hungry.

Reactions: PTR
Desperation in the Marketing departments. All of that money could have been used to help the hungry.

I read up a bit on the Salvation Army a couple of years ago and it was interesting stuff. How much of the money they raise goes on uniforms and to high placed figures in the organisation, and in America at least they are an influential right wing lobby group.

Irrespective of whether you take on board the books messages it is a darn good read and as the "News of the World" used to say "all human life is here"

What moral message do you derive from the story of Lot ?

Last edited:
I read up a bit on the Salvation Army a couple of years ago and it was interesting stuff. How much of the money they raise goes on uniforms and to high placed figures in the organisation, and in America at least they are an influential right wing lobby group.
All mainstream religions are powerful lobbyists. Its the main bit I don't like about the whole thing. They don't just want you to believe what they do, they want to control everything else

Large majority of Qatar identify as Muslim.
The UK is no longer a majority Christian country.

I'm so sorry for pointing out something which is clearly an overstep of the powerful Christian lobbying movement.

I'm not, as some religious groups may, advocating any violence in my remarks.

Ok, lets put a Koran next to it then if its balance you're looking for. I'd wager more people in the UK read the Koren on a daily basis than the Bible.

As for your other comment, no problem, next time your ill, I'll fetch some leeches round.

59% of the UK population identified as Christian at the last census. Not that it's relevant to the debate.
If a person feels they need to bin a bible to protect others they would be a huge hypocrite if they wouldn't do the same to a koran.

59% of the UK population identified as Christian at the last census. Not that it's relevant to the debate.
If a person feels they need to bin a bible to protect others they would be a huge hypocrite if they wouldn't do the same to a koran.
People tick that box because they think they're officially Christian due to being christened - they see it as their ethnicity as much as their religion. This is the exact problem, the culture of British and Christian are intermingled - 100% on purpose, by the church, to keep them relevant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-no-religion-british-social-attitudes-survey
When you actually ask people if they BELIEVE, they mostly say no.
And the numbers are being absolutely crushed in the under 40's - IIRC, 66+% of under 40% have no religion.

People tick that box because they think they're officially Christian due to being christened - they see it as their ethnicity as much as their religion. This is the exact problem, the culture of British and Christian are intermingled - 100% on purpose, by the church, to keep them relevant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-no-religion-british-social-attitudes-survey
When you actually ask people if they BELIEVE, they mostly say no.
And the numbers are being absolutely crushed in the under 40's - IIRC, 66+% of under 40% have no religion.
Do people tick the Sikh, Hindu, Muslim or Jewish box for that reason too?

The correct analogy would be Nazis leaving copies of Mein Kampf in hotel rooms. Burning books which other people own and want to have is very different to objecting to have a book forced on you.

Go right ahead and split hairs about "forced."
The victims of Lord's Resistance Army and Islamic State have had religion forced upon them.
Sad you're comparing the two.
Splitting hairs FFS.

It wouldn't make someone a hypocrite at all. Doing the same to the koran could lead to serious consequences.

It wouldn't make someone a hypocrite at all. Doing the same to the koran could lead to serious consequences.
@Slippery Jim has stated he bins Bibles in hotel rooms to protect others. Are you suggesting he wouldn't bin the Koran in a Qatari hotel?
How would it differ from binning a Bible in a British hotel?
Consequences wouldn't be much different surely.

@Slippery Jim has stated he bins Bibles in hotel rooms to protect others. Are you suggesting he wouldn't bin the Koran in a Qatari hotel?
How would it differ from binning a Bible in a British hotel?
Consequences wouldn't be much different surely.
Put a bible in a bin in a british hotel and nothing will happen. Putting a koran in a bin in a Qatari hotel would be a criminal offence.

And tambourines. Don't forget the tambourines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back