Where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in Sunderland in 1964 and remained here ever since. First match 72-73 season when Allan Brown was manager. Then Bob Stokoe was appointed,thought every season was going to be that good!! Still going ....and waiting. Back to Sunderland city centre,It should be town,sadly the place is an embarrassing dump.

Moved to Sunderland Mid-90s, SR6, programme seller outside my front door. Got hooked but got a bit of grief for my accent (born London, lived early life in Kent). Started hearing more and more southern accents at away games late 90s and by the millennium it became very normal to hear different accents at home and away games. I guess that’s the Premier League draw for you.

Born in Sunderland but my dad hates football.

Thankfully my grandad was a MLF. Started taking me to games in the 3rd division season and I got hooked.

As I have a younger brother 18 years my junior, he's had very little choice. We've been to home games together for years and I've dragged him all over as many league one grounds as I could as a right of passage.

He's converted his girlfriend from a mag family so I think I've done a good job.

Last edited:
Born Harton Hospital, lived Boldon moved to Jarra, left Jarra 1980 moved to Norfolk and still here apart from 2 years in South Africa

Last edited:
Born in Sunderland and lived there till i was 3, but i was then abducted and taken to Milton Keynes. Since then i have suffered with Stockholm syndrome, and i quite like my abductors now, so between that, and getting lost on the roundabouts during any escape plot over the years, i am still here in fritzel avenue

That’s another thing the Newcastle mafia took away.... a Sunderland persons birth right of being from County Durham, turning it from a proud independent town into a secondary dependant town through lack of inward investment.
I agree!!

You didn’t tell us where you are from. I don’t know anyone who thinks you need to speak a certain way. As a matter of fact it’s like the League of Nations at Sunderland games. Cockney bastards, Yorkshire twats, Scottish wankers, Midland arseholes and Geordie bellends like me. One big happy family
This.

Born in Ford Estate, moved to Hendon,Grindon,Roker,FordEstate again,Grindon again, Millfield and finally Hastings Hill. I consider myself to be a Sunderland AFC supporter.

I was born at my parents home in Marley Pots in the early 1950's not a hospital or anything like that. My mam was made of pretty stern stuff as I was the second of twins. I guess that makes me from Sunderland.

I don't mind outsiders being allowed in to Sunderland games but they should be charged double and not allowed in the best seats. When selling tickets for games that are in high demand preference should always be given to those who can produce a Birth Certificate that shows they were born in Sunderland - none of this points nonsense for just going to a couple of games. ;)

My idea that none Sunderland residents should be made to leave the game 10 minutes early so that local supporters can get home easily was adopted some years ago.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back