Where are you from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Sunderland general, lived pensha for 25 years, Havelock park (Sunderland) for 7 years and now Washington for 6 years. All my family from Sunderland, I have broader mackem accent than most people from Penshaw/Washington I would say.

Born and grew up in Northumberland, left in 83 for a Polytechnical College, lived in the North West, apart from 3 years in Cardiff, ever since. Me and my lad both season ticket holders.

I think most people welcome anyone from anywhere, the only people that it seems to bother, are small minded hillbillies like. It's him again, he's the type that like to divide fans, I get the feeling a handsome Townie at some point in time, showed his lass a good time one night, buying her drinks and paying for the taxi and meal and swept her off her feet, she's never forgot it and he's resented it ever since, moping about in his donkey jacket and wellies in Malta.

I’m from Prudhoe. My dad was red and white though so brought me up correctly.

Mind it was pretty lonely being a Sunderland fan at school in the Tyne valley in the early 90s
I knew a lad who travelled from Prudhoe with the Tyne Valley branch every home game in their bus!

Does it matter if you are from Sunderland or not ? I live in Sunderland , support Sunderland and have a season ticket but I am not from Sunderland. Does that make me a mag cockney Manc etc ? Certain people on here obviously think to be one of us requires you to speak a certain way !!? BOLLOX !
Just saying .
Born in County Durham , Lived in the New Forest for over forty years , both my sons born here and both full on Sunderland fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back