Weight Loss 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well done you, think I am in a static no weight loss so far this week, but not bothered as lost half inch of belly fat, crunchies are working :lol::lol:
I've said it on here a lot already, but I don't focus on the weight loss, as I tend to always get disappointed during those moments where you plateau. I just do it to feel better and I do.

Good luck!

Not been weighed for two weeks as I was at my parents last week. Tbh I was dreading it as my Mam's portions are off the chart.

Anyway usual after wee pre breakfast weigh in and the Wii fit says I've lost 4 pounds! I'm very sceptical about this as the Wii fit seemed to be having a meltdown this morning, however it's on my chart so I'm taking it.

I'm now down to 11 stone 5 pounds.

If I put on 6 pounds next week I can blame the Wii fit so it's a win win situation. :lol:

Good luck everyone with this week's weigh in.

Just had to buy new tracksuit bottoms wahoo...into either extra small or small depending on make, down from extra large and from an extra large top to a medium.

Diet going well, as of yesterday down to 10 stone
9 lbs so 5 lbs to go to meet next set target. Then might look at getting to 10 stone, see how I look first.

Quite happy as went back to 11 stone 9 lbs November to January 19 as unwell and just junk eating. Last February was 14 stone 10 lbs found it easier to loose weight as my daily steroids have been reduced.

Plus love affair with food has ended as I was eating all the wrong stuff, I still occasionally have a treat of crisps, chocolate or ice cream, but one of them rather than all of them at one sitting.

The war against weight goes on, the battle is not yet won. Good luck to all who are waging this battle with themselves. Fight the good fight, in the end it is worth it, but bloody expensive on new clothes :eek::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Flipping heck you've lost a stack of weight, I'm very impressed. I love reading the weight loss stories as it inspires me to keep going.

Last edited:
Just had a big birthday weekend.
I was 14st 1lb a week ago. Weighed today and now 14st 4lb.
Most of that is alcohol. Back being a good boy now.
My next goal is to be under 14 stone for the first time in 10 years.
Reckon I can do that by the end of next week.
Possibly.

Cut your carb intake mate and you’ll lose 10lbs in water weight that your body’s stored just from eating carbs. I went full carnivore for 3 weeks and lost over a stone in that time. I wasn’t doing any exercise either at the time due to injury.

Cut your carb intake mate and you’ll lose 10lbs in water weight that your body’s stored just from eating carbs. I went full carnivore for 3 weeks and lost over a stone in that time. I wasn’t doing any exercise either at the time due to injury.
I've heard conflicting information on the all meat no carbs diet. I can't do it because I don't eat meat, but I know some who have and think it's great. But I also know of other who tried it and then after a week, they have no energy.

My carbs all come from fruits and vegetables, while my protein from beans, legumes, and nuts.

I've heard conflicting information on the all meat no carbs diet. I can't do it because I don't eat meat, but I know some who have and think it's great. But I also know of other who tried it and then after a week, they have no energy.

My carbs all come from fruits and vegetables, while my protein from beans, legumes, and nuts.

Everybody’s different mate. Without trying to patronise, if you’re a triathlete for example, you need to consume a lot of carbonhydrates obviously to maintain your energy. But if you’re living a very sedantry life for whatever reason, limiting your carb intake will help tou to lose weight. The first few days of going all protein can affect some people, I found by upping my fats that counteracted that but I’ve been on and off Keto for years so I might acclimatised to that sort of diet. Are you Vegan mate?

Everybody’s different mate. Without trying to patronise, if you’re a triathlete for example, you need to consume a lot of carbonhydrates obviously to maintain your energy. But if you’re living a very sedantry life for whatever reason, limiting your carb intake will help tou to lose weight. The first few days of going all protein can affect some people, I found by upping my fats that counteracted that but I’ve been on and off Keto for years so I might acclimatised to that sort of diet. Are you Vegan mate?
No, not vegan, pescatarian. I tried going full vegan but it's way too restricting plus I f***ing love eggs and cheese :D. Eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, mahi-mahi, and tilapia. Shrimp once in a while. But I always have a side dish of veggies with every meal. My weakness is bread. I love bread. I've cut back on it a lot recently, but I tell you I'm the first one attacking the f***ing dinner roll basket in a restaurant. The incredible Chip Buttie that you fuckers introduced me to doesn't help either. I make it for myself (my wife thinks it's disgusting) waaaaay too often.

No, not vegan, pescatarian. I tried going full vegan but it's way too restricting plus I f***ing love eggs and cheese :D. Eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, mahi-mahi, and tilapia. Shrimp once in a while. But I always have a side dish of veggies with every meal. My weakness is bread. I love bread. I've cut back on it a lot recently, but I tell you I'm the first one attacking the f***ing dinner roll basket in a restaurant. The incredible Chip Buttie that you fuckers introduced me to doesn't help either. I make it for myself (my wife thinks it's disgusting) waaaaay too often.

Ahh mate, I love sourdough toast with loads of Lurpak butter on, but I’ve had to knock that on the head years ago. I use Lo-Dough bread now to make wraps and pizzas, it’s really low carb. Eggs are a tremendous source of protein like and so is fish so you’ll be sound on that front.

I was back down to 14st 10lbs in October 2018 for the first time in over 4 years... Now I'm back at 17 stone.

Signing up to a gym next week as I've recently changed jobs which has much kinder hours, in the past I've trained mainly weights and the odd bit of cardio chucked in once or twice a week. I'm at a point now where I feel I need true fitness and not so much physicality. Will be combining a healthy diet with a 1000 calorie surplus (I'm 6ft 4" and 17st so need 3256 calories to maintain this weight with my lifestyle, this should set me up for a solid 2lbs weight loss every week for a good while. This is in addition to an expected 4-5x 60 minute cardio sessions each week, although admittedly it will probably take me 10-12 weeks to be in a position to be able to do this effectively.

Target weight is 13st 7lbs. Hoping to achieve this within roughly 6 months give or take, as I'm sure there will be times when circumstances dictate my performance.

Hoping that once I get down to this weight and build on a solid level of cardio, I might actually feel fit for the first time since my teens (I'm 26 now). Looking back if there's one thing I regret, it was always choosing putting on mega weight and smashing weights and doing no - little cardio at all.

I was back down to 14st 10lbs in October 2018 for the first time in over 4 years... Now I'm back at 17 stone.

Signing up to a gym next week as I've recently changed jobs which has much kinder hours, in the past I've trained mainly weights and the odd bit of cardio chucked in once or twice a week. I'm at a point now where I feel I need true fitness and not so much physicality. Will be combining a healthy diet with a 1000 calorie surplus (I'm 6ft 4" and 17st so need 3256 calories to maintain this weight with my lifestyle, this should set me up for a solid 2lbs weight loss every week for a good while. This is in addition to an expected 4-5x 60 minute cardio sessions each week, although admittedly it will probably take me 10-12 weeks to be in a position to be able to do this effectively.

Target weight is 13st 7lbs. Hoping to achieve this within roughly 6 months give or take, as I'm sure there will be times when circumstances dictate my performance.

Hoping that once I get down to this weight and build on a solid level of cardio, I might actually feel fit for the first time since my teens (I'm 26 now). Looking back if there's one thing I regret, it was always choosing putting on mega weight and smashing weights and doing no - little cardio at all.
Weight training can also help with weight loss, but you need a good balance of both. I am doing 3 days of cardio and two days of weights currently.

I'll be chucking the odd bit of weight training in there but not too much, perhaps just 20 minutes at the end of each session.
I think that's a good plan to start with. Although, I would recommend splitting the workouts down the road, just to get the most out of your workouts. I was doing the same thing at first, but now I'm back to splitting them.

I think that's a good plan to start with. Although, I would recommend splitting the workouts down the road, just to get the most out of your workouts. I was doing the same thing at first, but now I'm back to splitting them.

I'll most likely move things around after a few months, just want to get back into the routine of eating and living healthily, things are so much easier to implement when you're already in that routine and frame of mind. Just a bloody nightmare getting back into it, I've never been so inactive :lol:

I'll most likely move things around after a few months, just want to get back into the routine of eating and living healthily, things are so much easier to implement when you're already in that routine and frame of mind. Just a bloody nightmare getting back into it, I've never been so inactive :lol:
Just take it one day at a time, pal. At least you've started, that's half the battle.

Get yourself a bike and just ride mate. After my injury that’s all I could really do in regards to physio worst from the odd bit of swimming and weights. The weight started dropping off me in a few weeks with the right diet, I can’t wait for the summer now to get on mine and do the coast to coast again (Bit of a pub crawl too on the way back ;)).

Not been weighed for two weeks as I was at my parents last week. Tbh I was dreading it as my Mam's portions are off the chart.

Anyway usual after wee pre breakfast weigh in and the Wii fit says I've lost 4 pounds! I'm very sceptical about this as the Wii fit seemed to be having a meltdown this morning, however it's on my chart so I'm taking it.

I'm now down to 11 stone 5 pounds.

If I put on 6 pounds next week I can blame the Wii fit so it's a win win situation. :lol:

Good luck everyone with this week's weigh in.

Flipping heck you've lost a stack of weight, I'm very impressed. I love reading the weight loss stories as it inspires me to keep going.

That is why it is worth posting both negative and positive stories, negative others think shit it is not just me struggling with this.:mad:

Then when someone turns it around they think well hell, if they can turn it around, I can as well.
So all posts can assist turn negative actions or beliefs into a positive belief :lol:

It is all about us helping and supporting each other and knowing someone has your back. Struggling on your own with anything is so much harder than as part of a team. On here we are all part of a SMB Team

Good luck to all in their journey I wish you all a fortuitous weight loss.

All meat is ok, on Atkins originally and lost 2 stone, but once came off it the weight started to slowly go back on.

Done much better this time counting calories and keeping weight off!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back