Weight Loss 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Intermittent Fasting was an excellent way to get things under control.
I've seen a few articles about that while doing my research on a healthy lifestyle, but I haven't really looked into it. How does that work? Is it eating only certain times a day?

I've seen a few articles about that while doing my research on a healthy lifestyle, but I haven't really looked into it. How does that work? Is it eating only certain times a day?
You basically only eat during an 8 hour window and during the other 16 hours of the day you only drink 0 calorie drinks (water, black tea, black coffee). You still have to track calories in/out but there are a lot of additional health benefits to it as well according to some research. More than anything, it can help you keep the calories low initially. Again, a quick explainer here:

Good article here: 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

I've found it incredible easy to stick to and have massively benefitted from it over the last year. Not as rigid with it as I was when I first started, but loads of people I've spoken to that do it at the MMA gym I train at swear by it.

You basically only eat during an 8 hour window and during the other 16 hours of the day you only drink 0 calorie drinks (water, black tea, black coffee). You still have to track calories in/out but there are a lot of additional health benefits to it as well according to some research. More than anything, it can help you keep the calories low initially. Again, a quick explainer here:

Good article here: 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

I've found it incredible easy to stick to and have massively benefitted from it over the last year. Not as rigid with it as I was when I first started, but loads of people I've spoken to that do it at the MMA gym I train at swear by it.
Thanks for the info, I will look into it. There's actually a lot of positive articles about it, so it's worth doing the research. Thanks again.

I found Intermittent Fasting was an excellent way to get things under control.

Once a week when I’m having my rest day, I coincide it with having my cheat meals. So I’ll eat anything I want for an hour and have protein pancakes, bacon and maple syrup for example and then not eat anything until 24 hours later. I usually eat around 1pm when I do it and have an early night. I found it helped me shift weight pretty well, when I put a bit on during a knee injury.

Once a week when I’m having my rest day, I coincide it with having my cheat meals. So I’ll eat anything I want for an hour and have protein pancakes, bacon and maple syrup for example and then not eat anything until 24 hours later. I usually eat around 1pm when I do it and have an early night. I found it helped me shift weight pretty well, when I put a bit on during a knee injury.
Good approach, I find it very easy to stick with. I tend to eat last at about 6 or 7 then have breakfast anywhere around 10.

Good approach, I find it very easy to stick with. I tend to eat last at about 6 or 7 then have breakfast anywhere around 10.

That’s pretty much my approach too mate, I was eating twice a day at one point but felt a bit weak when I did my second gym session, so upped it to three in 8 hours. I’ve been a low carb diet for years now, and feel great. I use a local protein company called Natural Nutrition which is like 1.5g of Carbs and 82g of protein per 100g which is the next I’ve seen. It’s helped me loads like.

That’s pretty much my approach too mate, I was eating twice a day at one point but felt a bit weak when I did my second gym session, so upped it to three in 8 hours. I’ve been a low carb diet for years now, and feel great. I use a local protein company called Natural Nutrition which is like 1.5g of Carbs and 82g of protein per 100g which is the next I’ve seen. It’s helped me loads like.
Sounds ideal man. I'm currently trying to put on muscle to aid my jiu-jitsu like, eating 2500kcal a day, lots of that protein and fat. Weights twice a week, jiu-jitsu three times a week.

Get yourself on the D-Aspartic Acid mate, it’s natural and helps boost your Testosterone levels to build a bit of muscle. A lot safer than steroids anyways.
Never even heard of it man,just get it from regular supplement suppliers? My biggest issue has been not picking something and sticking with it, do until 18th May I'm doing what I outlined above!

Never even heard of it man,just get it from regular supplement suppliers? My biggest issue has been not picking something and sticking with it, do until 18th May I'm doing what I outlined above!

You can get it on Amazon like, I got mine from Bulk Powders and had some canny results. I wouldn’t run it for a long time like, I usually do 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Some people get increased anger and acne off it, I didn’t like but that’s testament to increasing your Test levels, but naturally.

You can get it on Amazon like, I got mine from Bulk Powders and had some canny results. I wouldn’t run it for a long time like, I usually do 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Some people get increased anger and acne off it, I didn’t like but that’s testament to increasing your Test levels, but naturally.
Bought some, will give it a whirl cheers. Veering off topic, but what routine are you doing at the moment with it?

I'm already a cranky old man, don't anything that is going to increase my anger. Might get into a fight with 14 year-old kids on the "metro" or something...

Aye weights sorry.

I’ve been doing CrossFit lately mate, so I haven’t really been following much of program apart from the WOD put up, as I’m coming back from an injury and trying to lose a bit of timber. The lad I usually train with is a power lifter, so I’ll get him to write a program, as he lifts for the Navy.

I’ve been doing CrossFit lately mate, so I haven’t really been following much of program apart from the WOD put up, as I’m coming back from an injury and trying to lose a bit of timber. The lad I usually train with is a power lifter, so I’ll get him to write a program, as he lifts for the Navy.
Always better to have someone who can come up with it for you :) Crossfit looks tough man, you should check out Tim Kennedy's Instagram for his WOD that he puts up form time-to-time, the bloke is a beast.

I'll let you know how I get on with the D-Aspartic Acid.

Some good advice lads thanks .
This first few weeks until I rebuild a bit of fitness is going to be very tough . Woke up this morning feeling like someone's after ripping my man tits off :lol::lol::lol:
:lol: :lol:

Give IF a go marra, even if you start by trying it 2 days a week, I think you'll quickly realise how simple it is and how easily it can help you get things under control with your eating.

1st Jan I was 16st 13lbs, (237lbs) I was 15st 1lb when I did the GNR in September, got injured during that run, went straight on holiday afterwards and then got into a low exercise, high alcohol/junk food rut.

As of this morning I was 15st 5.5lbs, (215.5lbs) so 21.5lbs off so far this year. I’ve done that by doing a combination of running, spinning, HIIT classes and walking.

I’ve committed to doing 300 days at 10k+ steps this and I’m tracking that to keep me focused, I do office work so 10k is a solid number to aim at for me through the week.

Food wise I’ve just tried to eat more balanced and make pretty much everything from scratch.

I’ve had no alcohol, full fat fizzy pop or desserts (barring one) so far this year.

Sleeping loads better, fitness level is loads better, stress level is a lot better, life is just better in short.

My immediate goal is to get 14st 2lbs (200lbs) and then see what I want to do from there.

Keep at it everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back