Weight Loss 2019

Started the year at 13.14st and have been 12.13st since the end of January.

The best thing is i am eating more calories than ever before! I’ve had McDonald’s more than ever :)

You know those stair masters in the gym? I am aiming to climb 1,000,000 in 2019. It’s tough but excellent fitness and requires consistency. A few days behind schedule on 185,000 for the year so far :cool:

How the feck do people keep the weight off, I put on about 7lbs when I was poorly and I’m struggling to get it off, I have no will power it seems, does anyone have any advice our things they do to help them along, my main thing is sweets and cakes, today I have not had any and have been improving a little lately but I’m still finding it a struggle

Don't buy them.
That’s easier said than done when the kids want a cake our ice cream, I cannot just say no because your dad is struggling to lose the lbs he has put on, I’m 12 5 when I want be 11 12 to race

Last edited:
How the feck do people keep the weight off, I put on about 7lbs when I was poorly and I’m struggling to get it off, I have no will power it seems, does anyone have any advice our things they do to help them along, my main thing is sweets and cakes, today I have not had any and have been improving a little lately but I’m still finding it a struggle

That’s easier said than done when the kids want a cake our ice cream, I cannot just say no because your dad is struggling to lose the lbs he has put on, I’m 12 5 when I want be 11 12 to race

It’s not about cutting them out IMO it’s about moderation, I can’t think of anything I’ve deprived myself of since I started at the turn of year but I am eating a lot less crap.

Weighed today at 23st6lbs. 20lbs off from February 6th whilst eating 3 meals a day and a couple of cheat days in for good measure. Its when I hit the actual weight as opposed to water weight and I plateau that I'm worried about motivation wise.

Started the year at 13.14st and have been 12.13st since the end of January.

The best thing is i am eating more calories than ever before! I’ve had McDonald’s more than ever :)

You know those stair masters in the gym? I am aiming to climb 1,000,000 in 2019. It’s tough but excellent fitness and requires consistency. A few days behind schedule on 185,000 for the year so far :cool:

How good are those stairmasters in comparison to just bashing the treadmill to bits?

Weighed today at 23st6lbs. 20lbs off from February 6th whilst eating 3 meals a day and a couple of cheat days in for good measure. Its when I hit the actual weight as opposed to water weight and I plateau that I'm worried about motivation wise.

How good are those stairmasters in comparison to just bashing the treadmill to bits?
My experience of them is very good. I have them on full speed for half an hour and the workout is much more intense than a treadmill. I’m sweating heavily after 8 minutes & covered completely by the end.

No, not vegan, pescatarian. I tried going full vegan but it's way too restricting plus I f***ing love eggs and cheese :D. Eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, mahi-mahi, and tilapia. Shrimp once in a while. But I always have a side dish of veggies with every meal. My weakness is bread. I love bread. I've cut back on it a lot recently, but I tell you I'm the first one attacking the f***ing dinner roll basket in a restaurant. The incredible Chip Buttie that you fuckers introduced me to doesn't help either. I make it for myself (my wife thinks it's disgusting) waaaaay too often.

Chip Butties yummie, should try them in Stottie Cake Monk.......not lived on bread until had some Stottie Cake, which is flat bread by the way.:lol::lol:

How can I stop eating biscuits and chocolate...

Keep your mouth shut. Seriously, need to wean yourself off the sugar rush, body can tend to crave it.

I treat myself once a week, means i can still enjoy now and then. Suits me, but we are all different . Good luck in your attempt, moderation is the key, you will get there!

The weight is starting to come off, weighed yesterday morning at 195lbs, not a huge loss but it’s 10lb lighter than I was this time last year.

Well done fella, keep it going!

Last edited:
Chip Butties yummie, should try them in Stottie Cake Monk.......not lived on bread until had some Stottie Cake, which is flat bread by the way.:lol::lol:

Keep your mouth shut. Seriously, need to wean yourself off the sugar rush, body can tend to crave it.

I treat myself once a week, means i can still enjoy now and then. Suits me, but we are all different . Good luck in your attempt, moderation is the key, you will get there!

You are right of course trying to instil good habits not easy..I was okay but since November last until a few weeks ago I had one lousy heavy cold after another (I blame young grandkids living with us bringing nursery/school germs in) so little or no exercise but little to do but eat biscuits/chocolate and drink.

You are right of course trying to instil good habits not easy..I was okay but since November last until a few weeks ago I had one lousy heavy cold after another (I blame young grandkids living with us bringing nursery/school germs in) so little or no exercise but little to do but eat biscuits/chocolate and drink.

I like sweet stuff, but pretty much stopped apart from treats or a cheat day, started eating plums and grapes, still get the sweet taste on the pallette, but a much healthier option.

Actually, starting your kids on a healthy diet now will lead to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of their lives. So not buying the cake or ice cream all the time is actually good for you and for them. I am not saying that they should never eat it, but I wouldn't keep in the house. Just buy it once in a while as a treat. Far too many of us grew up eating horrible and now we're paying for that. So believe me, your kids will thank you later.

Chip Butties yummie, should try them in Stottie Cake Monk.......not lived on bread until had some Stottie Cake, which is flat bread by the way.:lol:
I had to look for a recipe online for this because I doubt I will be able to find it anywhere near me. I prefer to make my own bread anyway.

Remember that sugar craves sugar, so the more sugar you eat, the more your body is going to crave it. If you stop eating sugar, after awhile your body will stop craving it. Easier said than done, I know, but it's better to stop eating certain foods by choice than being forced to do so due to some illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, starting your kids on a healthy diet now will lead to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of their lives. So not buying the cake or ice cream all the time is actually good for you and for them. I am not saying that they should never eat it, but I wouldn't keep in the house. Just buy it once in a while as a treat. Far too many of us grew up eating horrible and now we're paying for that. So believe me, your kids will thank you later.

I had to look for a recipe online for this because I doubt I will be able to find it anywhere near me. I prefer to make my own bread anyway.

Remember that sugar craves sugar, so the more sugar you eat, the more your body is going to crave it. If you stop eating sugar, after awhile your body will stop craving it. Easier said than done, I know, but it's better to stop eating certain foods by choice than being forced to do so due to some illness.

I make it myself, lovely just out of the oven just tap it, noise and feel tells when cooked. Eat while still hot with melted margarine or butter full of nice home fried chips and salt and vinegar....Food of the Gods, Lush :lol::lol:

Find I still eat most foods including crap now and again, but in moderation and not too often.

It works for me and currently been off my diet three weeks gone from 10 stone 8 lbs to 10 stone 10 lbs.

Came off due to illness, would have give my body a break anyhow because weight loss had stalled but have put some muscle back on (finally) throwing weights about working now.

Will start on diet again Monday and see if the loss starts again 5 lbs to go to target then may go another five, don't want to look to skinny like Olive Oil, but don't want to be a Popeye either :lol::lol:

I’ve crept under the 15st mark this week for the first time since I can’t remember when. Haven’t been as strict with myself over the last fortnight food wise but still preservering with the exercise and I’m seeing rewards.

This thread helps as well, some absolute bloody minded tanks in here!

Well done fella, no gain (loss) without some pain, diet or exercise. Keep going, your doing well!

Increase the fluids before you eat then you will eat less, do not drink with meals, easier to swallow food quickly so brain is slower to receive the I am full message.

Slow down eating speed, put down knife and fork or biscuit to slow the eating process, chew more in smaller bites chew each mouthful twenty times.

All processes to help reeducate, mind and body and help lose weight. Reduce calorie intake by 500 for a pound per week loss in weight.

A male 2500 calories a day last February started on 1750 calories a day went from 14 stone 10 pounds to now 10 stone 10 pounds. The processes worked for me, you have to find those that suit you but the above may assist you to start.

Good luck fella

Last edited:
It's two weeks since I updated on here. As predicted Wii fit had had a hissy fit so last week I put on the 4 pounds it had said I'd lost bringing me back to 11 stone 9.

Just got weighed and unfortunately I couldn't do my usual pre breakfast after a wee bit and this week I've put on 2 pounds. I'm now 11 11 which I'm a bit sad about because all previous weeks have been stayed the same or a loss.

It's my own fault as I've fallen off the diet wagon so I need to climb back on it sharpish. I've done my usual 1000 steps on the Wii fit today which is reassuring as my chest was so bad last time I could only do 400.

Onwards and downwards.

It's two weeks since I updated on here. As predicted Wii fit had had a hissy fit so last week I put on the 4 pounds it had said I'd lost bringing me back to 11 stone 9.

Just got weighed and unfortunately I couldn't do my usual pre breakfast after a wee bit and this week I've put on 2 pounds. I'm now 11 11 which I'm a bit sad about because all previous weeks have been stayed the same or a loss.

It's my own fault as I've fallen off the diet wagon so I need to climb back on it sharpish. I've done my usual 1000 steps on the Wii fit today which is reassuring as my chest was so bad last time I could only do 400.

Onwards and downwards.

Staying accountable is half the battle, keep plugging away and don’t beat yourself up too much. You’ve lost overall so focus on that positive! :cool:

Onwards and downwards.
I was in San Diego with some friends for a few days and ended up drinking too much and eating like shit. I came back feeling absolutely horrible about myself. Went for a run yesterday night after work but we had a situation at work that was weighing heavy on me so I wasn't really paying attention and I stepped on an elevated piece of cement so I ended up twisting my ankle something awful. It looks like I am wearing a purple sock. Hurts like the dickens. And I am coming down with a rather nasty flu so that's not helping the situation any.

I think that's my body's way of exacting revenge for the way I treated it this past weekend.

Onwards and downwards.

Remember weight gain can be as simple as just retaining fluid, if your body feels the need for it. I can weigh myself on a Sunday and weigh 4 lbs more, then the next Sunday lost that plus lost 2 lbs

Don't let it worry you, if you fall off the diet, there is normally some reason, just sort your head and start again.

Just think of it as going on a drive, you made a stop either planned or unplanned Break over and on you go Good luck fella and best wishes in your endevour.

As they say in Star Wars, get there you will in end!

Back