Villa- massive club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only flaw would be that new clubs came along in the next 100 years who are not in Football League now. Just like Chelsea & Man City were not around in the 1890s. The only head start they have is on clubs who entered the football league after them. None of whom are serial trophy winners unlike the clubs who followed Villa or Sunderland.
There’s not much I can do about it now. The successful teams pre WWI could only beat whatever opposition was put before them. In modern terms Man City would have to be winning competitions against Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid etc.

Just thought I'd let you know, a caller to our local radio station BBC WM said "The trouble with Bruce is he hasn't managed a big club like us, he's only managed Wigan, Blues and Sunderland" :eek: (didn't mention the mags)

Villa. :lol:

He forgets that he managed us at the highest level while Villa in tge second tier

COMBINED! Don't be embarrassed marra, we don't all read the posts properly.
Your post still makes no sense. Combined there are still league championships, European Cups, FA Cups and League cups.

Be embarrassed marra as your post was shite

not sure I follow, if I have nowt and you have nowt and our pal has £20, how much do we have combined?
Exactly

i dont get our fans issue's with villa,they put the mags down twice (in theory anyway) have won the league and european cup in my lifetime and get good gates,and have been champions 8 or 9 times,arguably a bigger club than us and the scum

Not sure there is a lot of arguing really - they have more trophies than us and the mags put together don’t they :D or if not can’t be far off

i dont get our fans issue's with villa,they put the mags down twice (in theory anyway) have won the league and european cup in my lifetime and get good gates,and have been champions 8 or 9 times,arguably a bigger club than us and the scum
They’re huge mate with a truly fantastic history (like we have) but without a doubt they’re bigger than us in my opinion because of the fairly recent European Cup win.

Your post still makes no sense. Combined there are still league championships, European Cups, FA Cups and League cups.
Most of which, like us, were early in the 20th century.
Villa haven't won anything of note since 82.
Sheff wed haven't won anything of note since 90.
All 3 are NOT massive clubs.

Most of which, like us, were early in the 20th century.
Villa haven't won anything of note since 82.
Sheff wed haven't won anything of note since 90.
All 3 are NOT massive clubs.
So not 'anything of note for 110 years then'? Only 36 years, huge difference.

Villa are a big club, to suggest otherwise shows a lack of knowledge of football pre-premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back