LEAGUE

FA CUP

So... Combined totals for 110 years

6 League titles
6 FA Cups
6 League Cups
1 European Cup

Aye, nowt of note for 110 years then! @Typhoonftm

Somehow it had passed me by that Villa were so prolific in the League Cup.

We can argue about the merits of the likes of us and the Mags as much as we like, but if someone wants to say Villa aren't a massive club, then neither are Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal. Villa are lesser, but in the same ballpark - we and the Mags, are not.

Somehow it had passed me by that Villa were so prolific in the League Cup.

We can argue about the merits of the likes of us and the Mags as much as we like, but if someone wants to say Villa aren't a massive club, then neither are Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal. Villa are lesser, but in the same ballpark - we and the Mags, are not.
I would only put Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal ahead of Villa.

Everton only slightly below Villa as they've never won the European Cup. Villa still bigger than Spurs, Chelsea and Man City.

Chelsea would probably overtake them with another European Cup and few more league titles.

Their fans are detested by all in Midlands.
So what?

Who cares what small timers think?

It’s jealousy. It makes supporting Villa so much sweeter.

Look at the Albion prat on here and how he reacts every time Villa are mentioned. If you have a brain, it should tell you everything you need to know.

Hey Cridge

Did the massive club (Datren Bent said villa are a massive club so it must be true) really lose 1-2 at home to Sheffield Wednesday?

Or is my telly playing up and villa won 11-2 .

Can you clarify please?

Kids and beer.

Pffffffffffff

Basically there are a whole host of clubs outside the current big 6 whose fans seem intent on justifying that they are indeed a BIG club, including us.

In truth there are lots of big football clubs when compared with the rest of professional football and below, including just for example...

Everton
Villa
Sunderland
Newcastle
and also
Sheff Wed
Shef Utd
Birmingham
Wolves
Leeds
Southampton
Boro
Derby

It goes on further. All are big clubs by some definition. It depends on your definition of BIG.

All are capable of being completely shit for periods and all are capable of solid top flight football or a cup final if ran well.

Combined honours since 1908 then for all three clubs

Aston Villa
LEAGUE

FA CUP

LEAGUE CUP

EUROPEAN CUP

Sheffield Wednesday
LEAGUE

FA CUP

LEAGUE CUP

Sunderland
LEAGUE

FA CUP

So... Combined totals for 110 years

6 League titles
6 FA Cups
6 League Cups
1 European Cup

Aye, nowt of note for 110 years then! @Typhoonftm
incorrect

Hey Cridge

Did the massive club (Datren Bent said villa are a massive club so it must be true) really lose 1-2 at home to Sheffield Wednesday?

Or is my telly playing up and villa won 11-2 .

Can you clarify please?

They have won the european cup, so yes.

Villa were a big club, they aren't now. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are England's big clubs. Spurs might join them.

So what?

Who cares what small timers think?

It’s jealousy. It makes supporting Villa so much sweeter.

Look at the Albion prat on here and how he reacts every time Villa are mentioned. If you have a brain, it should tell you everything you need to know.

Kids and beer.

Pffffffffffff

So you think behaving like an arrogant bellend is acceptable eh ?
Says all we need to know about you and your ilk.
Gan boil ya bollocks.

Villa were a big club, they aren't now. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are England's big clubs. Spurs might join them.
I probably agree with you, it's all about what is happening in the here and now tbh and latterly the ' premiership years' , the only ones who go on about it are those on the outside looking in, i'm not dismissing over 100yrs of history but most people aren't fussed what went on before they were born, well supported teams still get respect though, at least the fans do.

I think there are only 3 genuine big clubs in England, are they're Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. They have consistently won trophies, averaged high attendances, participated consistently in European Competition, and have huge global fanbases.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro

I think there are only 3 genuine big clubs in England, are they're Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. They have consistently won trophies, averaged high attendances, participated consistently in European Competition, and have huge global fanbases.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro
Suprised you've put Boro ahead of Derby.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro

Your On my wave length Steve though I'd put Sunderland above Newcastle and Boro above Southampton

West Ham below wolves too

Last edited:

Back