Villa- massive club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your On my wave length Steve though I'd put Sunderland above Newcastle and Boro above Southampton

Now that I reflect on it, I'd probably take Southampton out of my list and replace them with Derby. I agree actually that we're a bigger club than Southampton.

To be honest, I do think Newcastle are the bigger club due to them qualifying for the Champions League, and pushing for the Premier League title in recent times. They've also never dropped down to the third tier.

Now that I reflect on it, I'd probably take Southampton out of my list and replace them with Derby. I agree actually that we're a bigger club than Southampton.

To be honest, I do think Newcastle are the bigger club due to them qualifying for the Champions League, and pushing for the Premier League title in recent times. They've also never dropped down to the third tier.

Fair enough , but then SAFC have never had to rely on NUFC to play friendly matches and then donate the funds to us in order to establish ourselves as a footbal league club in the first place , unlike our noisy, horse punching , shop shouting, embarrasing neighbours , indeed if it wasn't for our good graces they wouldn't exist at all. :cool: SAFC the original and best !

I think there are only 3 genuine big clubs in England, are they're Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. They have consistently won trophies, averaged high attendances, participated consistently in European Competition, and have huge global fanbases.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro

Cant argue with that apart from Sheffield Wednesday and yourselves being above Southampton. Derby would squeeze them out for me as well.

Cant argue with that apart from Sheffield Wednesday and yourselves being above Southampton. Derby would squeeze them out for me as well.

We've spent 21 more seasons in the top flight than Southampton. We've also only spent 2 seasons in the third tier, whereas they've had 11 seasons. We've both only won the one trophy, and historically we've averaged similar attendances. I don't think we're a much bigger club, but I do think we're bigger.

So you think behaving like an arrogant bellend is acceptable eh ?
Says all we need to know about you and your ilk.
Gan boil ya bollocks.

Who is being arrogant? I simply stated that it’s enjoyable to watch our bitter and twisted small time neighbours obsess about us. Even Wolves have started now after spending the previous 30+ years as little pipsqueaks in our shadow.

Being “liked” by our neighbors is not something I crave. This is not arrogance it is how it is.

Who is being arrogant? I simply stated that it’s enjoyable to watch our bitter and twisted small time neighbours obsess about us. Even Wolves have started now after spending the previous 30+ years as little pipsqueaks in our shadow.

Being “liked” by our neighbors is not something I crave. This is not arrogance it is how it is.
Have to agree with you there I'm afraid.

Villa are a big club mind, don’t think there can be any disputing it.

They’re shite nowadays though but that’s the Steve Bruce factor.
I think there are only 3 genuine big clubs in England, are they're Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. They have consistently won trophies, averaged high attendances, participated consistently in European Competition, and have huge global fanbases.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro
Good list that but would probably put Villa ahead of Everton and maybe Spurs.

When Villa won most of their league titles, they were the most southern club in the league. It wasn't a nation wide competition. In the 1890's was it really practical for Newcastle to travel to Southampton, for an amateur game?

Arsenal were the first southern team to join the league and that was by invite. And even then it was into the second division. Because the southern teams amalgamated into the football league, many northern teams get to say they won all these league titles, but it's actually pretty misleading, as it was pretty much a competition for half the country.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro
good list, however Southampton can fuck off. Replace them with Derby.

When Villa won most of their league titles, they were the most southern club in the league. It wasn't a nation wide competition. In the 1890's was it really practical for Newcastle to travel to Southampton, for an amateur game?

Arsenal were the first southern team to join the league and that was by invite. And even then it was into the second division. Because the southern teams amalgamated into the football league, many northern teams get to say they won all these league titles, but it's actually pretty misleading, as it was pretty much a competition for half the country.

Every day’s a school day.

Stating the obvious, but it was around the time we won most of ours too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back