Villa- massive club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa are a big club mind, don’t think there can be any disputing it.

They’re shite nowadays though but that’s the Steve Bruce factor.

Good list that but would probably put Villa ahead of Everton and maybe Spurs.

There's not much in it between those three clubs, but I've gone with Everton ahead of Villa because they've had more seasons in the top flight, and Villa had a couple of seasons in the third tier in the 1970's. You could make an argument for Villa being ahead of Spurs, but then Spurs have consistently qualified for Europe in recent times, and even the Champions League.

its seven

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

I'm surprised Portsmouth aren't in the top 20 of that list. Portsmouth are bigger than Middlesbrough and many other clubs on that list. Much more successful with a bigger fanbase. Portsmouth is a massive club.

I'm surprised Portsmouth aren't in the top 20 of that list. Portsmouth are bigger than Middlesbrough and many other clubs on that list. Much more successful with a bigger fanbase. Portsmouth is a massive club.

I think this is biggest club in England lis,Portsmouth are of course ,the biggest club with the biggest fan base in the "world" so it would be unfair to compare .

I think there are only 3 genuine big clubs in England, are they're Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. They have consistently won trophies, averaged high attendances, participated consistently in European Competition, and have huge global fanbases.

Here is my top 20.......

1) Man United
2) Liverpool
3) arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) Man City
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Villa
9) Newcastle
10)Sunderland
11) West Ham
12) Leeds
13) West Brom
14) Wolves
15) Leicester
16) Notts Forest
17) Blackburn
18) Southampton
19) Sheff Wed
20) Boro

Portsmouth should be in 5th place in that list.

Portsmouth have spent a lot of seasons in the third and fourth tier. We've only had 2 seasons in the third tier, and have mainly competed in the top flight.

Historically we've averaged higher attendances as well.

Portsmouth have spent a lot of seasons in the third and fourth tier. We've only had 2 seasons in the third tier, and have mainly competed in the top flight.

Historically we've averaged higher attendances as well.

He's a Pompey wum

Seriously who really gives a fuck ? What exactly is the fascination and why do somes fans get a big bonk on when they get called a big club

I find it f***ing wierd

Pompey are bigger than Boro. Portsmouth have so much more potential than Boro. Boro have had a bigger ground for a number of years but Portsmouth is an island so it's difficult to redevelop but Portsmouth have more fans.

Portsmouth and safc are very similar.

Portsmouth have 2 top flight titles 2 fa cups 5 fa cup finals and the list goes on

Pompey are bigger than Boro. Portsmouth have so much more potential than Boro. Boro have had a bigger ground for a number of years but Portsmouth is an island so it's difficult to redevelop but Portsmouth have more fans.

Portsmouth and safc are very similar.

Portsmouth have 2 top flight titles 2 fa cups 5 fa cup finals and the list goes on

And during the 90's we were averaging 34k whilst they averaged 8k :lol:

We're not a big club but we're bigger than Portsmouth.

And during the 90's we were averaging 34k whilst they averaged 8k :lol:

We're not a big club but we're bigger than Portsmouth.

What about when Portsmouth we're averaging 45,000 in late 70s and 80s? Middlesbrough have never achieved anything.

Middlesbrough are known as a town with a stadium of empty seats and never achieved anything.

Portsmouth have had huge crowds and won many trophies and played in finals. There isn't a comparison.

What about when Portsmouth we're averaging 45,000 in late 70s and 80s? Middlesbrough have never achieved anything.

Middlesbrough are known as a town with a stadium of empty seats and never achieved anything.

Portsmouth have had huge crowds and won many trophies and played in finals. There isn't a comparison.

Their average crowds throughout the 70's and 80's :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Diane Abbott/Mag counting abacus coming into play there Billy........I started watching footy in the 70s and watched Sheff United spoil Pompeys promotion in the 80s at Fratton Park (we won 2-1 to cost Pompey the title). There weren't 45k there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back