Villa- massive club?

Have time for Villa fans their a big club like us rebuilding I have a couple of villa friends they always speak highly of us even in bad times and they hate them horrible fuckers up the road as much as us ! So as mentioned before end of this pointless thread.

Neither Villa, Sheff Wed or ourselves are "massive clubs". All have a good history, but its just that, history! Combined, we haven't won anything of note for over 110 years ffs. :lol:
We won the FA cup in 1973,when it was one of the best competitions in the world, everyone wanted to win it and everyone watched it. That was in my lifetime, unfortunately, I cant combine that with villa and shef wed fans, so your combined 110 years is a bit silly.

Last edited:
i dont get our fans issue's with villa,they put the mags down twice (in theory anyway) have won the league and european cup in my lifetime and get good gates,and have been champions 8 or 9 times,arguably a bigger club than us and the scum
I would 100pc defo say they are bigger than us and skunks. It's just that they are arrogant wankers like man u.

5000 sheff wed fans as well great support
Sheffield to Birmingham is like Sunderland to Leeds man. 5000 not that great really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not?, we still take the piss out of the shop shouters, and they are 2 divisions above us. I never knew such a rule existed for piss taking
It's not a rule it's just common sense. Take the piss as much as you want mate but you look a bit silly laughing at a club who are in a better position than your own.

Villa like Sunderland owe a lot of their standing in the English game to getting a head start on the clubs who now dominate the game. Both clubs won most of their trophies in the 19th century. The 1890s in other words. Preston are another one. Great clubs of the 20th century who the game has bypassed are Huddersfield Wolves & Newcastle. Everton are a strange one who historically won trophies but dont fit easily into consistent patterns of success until the mid 1980s & basically are mediocre for long periods but not totally rubbish.
The flaw in your argument is that in 100 years time we could say that Man City, Chelsea etc. got a head start as other teams might be better than them in the future.

SAFC were a force until mid 1950s.

Everton were the most successful NW club right up to mid 1960s.

Their fans are detested by all in Midlands.
I don’t have a beef with the villa. Their fans are quite sane yet boring compared to brum city, wolves, stoke, old school Leicester fans, Coventry etc.

WBA are the most normal by far. @Boinger

Last edited:
The flaw in your argument is that in 100 years time we could say that Man City, Chelsea etc. got a head start as other teams might be better than them in the future.

SAFC were a force until mid 1950s.

Everton were the most successful NW club right up to mid 1960s.

I don’t have a beef with the villa. Their fans are quite sane yet boring compared to brum city, wolves, stoke, old school Leicester fans, Coventry etc.

WBA are the most normal by far. @Boinger

The only flaw would be that new clubs came along in the next 100 years who are not in Football League now. Just like Chelsea & Man City were not around in the 1890s. The only head start they have is on clubs who entered the football league after them. None of whom are serial trophy winners unlike the clubs who followed Villa or Sunderland.

Back