Villa- massive club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would only put Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal ahead of Villa.

Everton only slightly below Villa as they've never won the European Cup. Villa still bigger than Spurs, Chelsea and Man City.

Chelsea would probably overtake them with another European Cup and few more league titles.

Nonsense in my opinion. A English league title is equal that of a European Cup, in terms of prestige. Ask any Pool fan :D :D

Everton are a more successful club.

What about when Portsmouth we're averaging 45,000 in late 70s and 80s? Middlesbrough have never achieved anything.

Middlesbrough are known as a town with a stadium of empty seats and never achieved anything.

Portsmouth have had huge crowds and won many trophies and played in finals. There isn't a comparison.
Portsmouth have averaged over 30,000 seven times, the last time being 1953.

Just thought I'd let you know, a caller to our local radio station BBC WM said "The trouble with Bruce is he hasn't managed a big club like us, he's only managed Wigan, Blues and Sunderland" :eek: (didn't mention the mags)

Villa. :lol:

Why would he? Steve Bruce hasn’t managed us.

Yet.

Why Boro are mentioned along the Sheffield clubs baffles me?

Villa and Everton about the same, but Villas relegations and fewer league titles puts Everton just ahead.

Much harder to win the CL today than the EC in the early 1980es, IMO

Disagree. The Champions League is weighted in favour of the so called elite.

Also the European Cup was a true champions competition, one aggregate defeat and you're out.

It was arguably harder to win the UEFA Cup than it was the Champions League by the time they started allowing non-champions in.

You’re relying on the current champions of a particular country retaining their title for them to be the best representative from their nation for that season.

Pompey are bigger than sheff utd and Boro. End of. Even put together.
Give ower man yer daft get. You're not even bigger the saints now

What about when Portsmouth we're averaging 45,000 in late 70s and 80s? Middlesbrough have never achieved anything.

Middlesbrough are known as a town with a stadium of empty seats and never achieved anything.

Portsmouth have had huge crowds and won many trophies and played in finals. There isn't a comparison.
Liar

Last edited:
Why Boro are mentioned along the Sheffield clubs baffles me?

Villa and Everton about the same, but Villas relegations and fewer league titles puts Everton just ahead.

Much harder to win the CL today than the EC in the early 1980es, IMO
Yes harder to win but easier to qualify for.

Seriously who really gives a fuck ? What exactly is the fascination and why do somes fans get a big bonk on when they get called a big club

I find it f***ing wierd
Agree with this totally.
Doesn't matter how 'big' anyone thinks their club is (IMO) - all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

Why invent weird status symbols ? - folk just support their own club regardless, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back