VE Day 75th street party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh dear. My sister got a copy of his signing out papers (or whatever they are called) and it said he was a very intelligent and reliable corporal amongst other things. Lovely to have. Although we do know he was demoted at some point for a misdemeanor, and knowing my Dad it will very probably have involved women (he was 'engaged' to 3 women at the same time at some point during the war). Dreadful behaviour!
Aye, I’d found a notice of marriage for this fella that luckily wasn’t our lass’ grandad. Could cause ructions this genealogy stuff!

Got my Royal navy ensign 'borrowed' from one of our submarine fleet hanging from our window.

We've some bunting up in the corner of our garden where the fire pit is. Will get it going and get some cans of bully beef on it later.

Drove past Leechmere yesterday and someone looked like they were having a big VE day party. About 20 people out on the drive with flags up and that. The fire brigade were there narl so fuck knows what was going on.

Do citizens of other European countries celebrate this day? If so, to the same degree as the British seem to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back