VE Day 75th street party

To All those slagging today off you’s should all be ashamed of yourselves.
A generation of lads and lasses put their lives at risk in the not so distance past for the likes of me and you to spout shit on a football forum.’
I'm not sure that was the main reason why my grandad did it tbf Adam. Would be canny if it was mind.

I'm not sure that was the main reason why my grandad did it tbf Adam. Would be canny if it was mind.
Mine was on Dunkirk beaches and liberated the the Jews from a concentration camp (which escapes me atm)despite facing prejudges because of his German heritage/surname/ and just found out recently tongue.He fought for the British crown and what was right for the free world.

Robbo has been on aswell about my army gear on early in the thread 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Mine was on Dunkirk beaches and liberated the the Jews from a concentration camp (which escapes me atm)despite facing prejudges because of his German heritage/surname/ and just found out recently tongue.He fought for the British crown and what was right for the free world.

Robbo has been on aswell about my army gear on early in the thread 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I know. I sent him a screenshot. :lol:

Is the wad at the coal face today?

Ah right, so I’m trolling because you can’t accept the truth that no one would give a fuck about today if it wasn’t for them using it as an excuse to break lockdown rules?
You called those that want to enjoy themselves scratters and thickies .
Says more about you mate if you really think that.
I will hazard a guess that you have no one to enjoy the day with and feel a bit bitter ??
A quick look and you don’t even live in this country 😀

Last edited:
You called those that want to enjoy themselves scratters and thickies .
Says more about you mate if you really think that.
I will hazard a guess that you have no one to enjoy the day with and feel a bit bitter ??

I’m sitting on me balcony having a few bottles enjoying the sun. I’m having a cracking time mate.

My scratters and thickies comment was towards those who feel it appropriate to have a street party. Please don’t feel I was aiming it at people who are celebrating the day sensibly and legally.

I’m sitting on me balcony having a few bottles enjoying the sun. I’m having a cracking time mate.

My scratters and thickies comment was towards those who feel it appropriate to have a street party. Please don’t feel I was aiming it at people who are celebrating the day sensibly and legally.
There’s a lot of good folk on our estate having a drink and chat with neighbours...could class it as a street party.
I get what you are saying in that there will be an element who will be using the occasion as a piss up etc.
I’m envious of you enjoying a beer in the sun ...enjoy mate.

Superb one currently going on in Seaburn, DJ on, music blasting (can hear it miles away), full street into it, dancing etc.

Tbf all staying in their own front gardens.

:lol:

Last edited:
Let's not forget the poor sods , in the forgotten army that were still fighting in Asia, been to see my maw it's ok I was at the gate 4 metres away, she was 14 at the end of the war, working as a seamstress making uniforms for tank crews, at the end of the war she was sacked and had to find another job. Her uncles were merchant marine and when their ships were sank their pay was stopped, their generation fought for what was right and we shouldn't forget that, and remember that they gave their tomorrows for our today's, and to make sure it never happens.

Some interesting comments so far today on this thread.
My old man is still alive, and was in WW2 - and he volunteered at 17 years of age, and joined the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders.
His reasons for doing so was that he and the people of his age at the time knew that they had to stop Hitler and the Nazis. As simple as that.
He always tells me that "times were different" - but the desire to keep Britain free of the Nazis was the most important thing.

Back