VE Day 75th street party

Do citizens of other European countries celebrate this day? If so, to the same degree as the British seem to?

It's been a national holiday in France since the early eighties, not just a one off to pacify the most brexitee amongst us, but without the flag waving tub thumping bollokcks that we're witnessing here in UK today.

Genuinely couldnt care less about this mind. Bizarre that so many people suddenly seem arsed.
Possibly because the likes of Major Tom Moore has raised consciousness a bit? It's up to you if you can't be arsed, I personally won't be joining in celebrations but will certainly be thinking about my old Dad who went through it, preferred mostly not to discuss what he went through, although he had to watch his best mate get killed. He suffered with his nerves for many years after. So yeah, I'll be thinking of Dad and those other men who fought.

I see the cosy crew off the politics forum are spitting their politically correct bile on the thread. We celebrate this once every 25 years but the fuckers have to sneer, point and whine.

Fuck me, people are commemorating those who gave their lives fighting against a right wing ideology and some can't wait to have a pop. I think the talk of celebration is off the mark, but we should respect those who made the ultimate sacrifice whatever our political leanings

Personally I’ve never got involved in the celebrations.
I can’t understand some being irritated by it though.
Some of the veterans who fought the tyranny are still here though, I’ve had thoughts about my Dad who fought the fuckers for 6 years.
What’s wrong with having a celebration of the victory though over evil?
We’re not the only country who do this what’s the f***ing issue?

I see the cosy crew off the politics forum are spitting their politically correct bile on the thread. We celebrate this once every 25 years but the fuckers have to sneer, point and whine.

Who’s spitting politically correct bile?

I think most are saying everyone who contributed to defeating the Nazis should be remembered and celebrated.

To All those slagging today off you’s should all be ashamed of yourselves.
A generation of lads and lasses put their lives at risk in the not so distance past for the likes of me and you to spout shit on a football forum.’

VE Day was one of Britain’s greatest/protest hours and should be applauded at every opportunity.
Disgraceful trying to be hip on such and important day for our country in such testing times.

About 20 dickheads with deckchairs out in the middle of the road when I went to the shop earlier.

Enjoyed a couple of decent beers while the bairns have been in the paddling pool in the garden.

Last edited:
Don’t get folk who say ‘it’s about time we moved on’, ‘don’t care’, or other disparaging comments towards war commemorations. In reality, it’s celebrating the only real good part of any war.... the end.
The sacrifices of millions of men, women and children should never be forgotten.

Poor attempt at trolling pal
Give up and enjoy a proud day in our history

Ah right, so I’m trolling because you can’t accept the truth that no one would give a fuck about today if it wasn’t for them using it as an excuse to break lockdown rules?

It's quite simple, if you want to do it have a blast and if you don't, don't

although it did knack the mood of the Vincent Price film I was watching at the time

Last edited:
Who’s spitting politically correct bile?

I think most are saying everyone who contributed to defeating the Nazis should be remembered and celebrated.

Don’t spoil it man. Don’t you know that the acceptable rhetoric at a time like this is to share prepared criticism of the evil bile that is emanating from the leftie liberal snowflake pc brigade. Even if it’s not.

Back