VE Day 75th street party

Personally I’ve never got involved in the celebrations.
I can’t understand some being irritated by it though.
Some of the veterans who fought the tyranny are still here though, I’ve had thoughts about my Dad who fought the fuckers for 6 years.
What’s wrong with having a celebration of the victory though over evil?
We’re not the only country who do this what’s the f***ing issue?

Self loathing is the issue.

It's a gathering so everyone can get pissed and observe social distancing.

There’s a lot of good folk on our estate having a drink and chat with neighbours...could class it as a street party.
I get what you are saying in that there will be an element who will be using the occasion as a piss up etc.
I’m envious of you enjoying a beer in the sun ...enjoy mate.

Trust me, I wasn’t having a go at run of the mill people enjoying the day for what it should be - however those using it as an excuse to simple flout the government’s rules is disgraceful.

Thanks marra - hope you’ve had a great day as well.

Ah right, so I’m trolling because you can’t accept the truth that no one would give a fuck about today if it wasn’t for them using it as an excuse to break lockdown rules?
Once you are keeping your 2 metres social distancing you'll be fine. Last Monday we had bingo out on the park. Everyone kept 2 metres apart and the police made regular checks and told us when to shut down. Of course it can get messy once you have alcohol involved so people need to use common sense.

We are all having a bad time of it and we need some cheering up. Things like this, once people respect the rules, can only be a good thing.

Once you are keeping your 2 metres social distancing you'll be fine. Last Monday we had bingo out on the park. Everyone kept 2 metres apart and the police made regular checks and told us when to shut down. Of course it can get messy once you have alcohol involved so people need to use common sense.

We are all having a bad time of it and we need some cheering up. Things like this, once people respect the rules, can only be a good thing.
WHO guideline is 1m fwiw

Completely fair enough - as long as the rules are adhered to - interacting with people is clearly fine.

These ones who are just using it as an excuse to totally disregard the rules set out are a different kettle of fish.

Completely fair enough - as long as the rules are adhered to - interacting with people is clearly fine.

These ones who are just using it as an excuse to totally disregard the rules set out are a different kettle of fish.
I agree. I've seen people trying to take advantage of it. It only takes 1 or 2 people to ruin it for the rest.

You called those that want to enjoy themselves scratters and thickies .
Says more about you mate if you really think that.
I will hazard a guess that you have no one to enjoy the day with and feel a bit bitter ??
A quick look and you don’t even live in this country 😀

Oi whilst not part of the UK, Gib is a British Oversees Territory and we should proudly defend it and its citizens as long as they want us to.

Back