US diplomats wife leaves U.K. after fatal accident

I am over the US. They can damn well pay the £12M congestion charges they can’t be arsed to pay as well. The idea that being married to a government worker means that you can swan off from responsibility in a situation like this totally sticks; if that is what the rule permits, clearly the rule needs re-writing so that it is fit for purpose.
Aye she’ll meet the parents but in America - on her terms as she won’t dare come back here for fear of prosecution so she’s still only doing half a job as far as I’m concerned . She should face the full consequences instead of just making the minimum effort to try and make herself look less of a villain in the media.
Also like they have the time to plan a journey to the US whilst grieving and caring for grieving siblings; the selfishness is endless.

Last edited:

Charged with causing death by dangerous driving.

US diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas charged with causing death by dangerous driving over Harry Dunn death

I'm cynical enough to thing that she'll never stand trial here unless we mebbys exchange her for Prince Andrew cold war stylee on a bridge somewhere.
She's stand trial all right. Boris will see to it personally as he won't let those damn Yanks take the piss out of our great country.

And then I awoke and it was all a dream.

She's stand trial all right. Boris will see to it personally as he won't let those damn Yanks take the piss out of our great country.

And then I awoke and it was all a dream.
I forgot about the Boris factor. :eek:

If it turns out anything like his Iranian example it'll be the Dunns who stand in the dock.

Last edited:
Glad they've finally charged the snivelling coward. She has caused a maximum amount of anguish for that poor family.

Glad they've finally charged the snivelling coward. She has caused a maximum amount of anguish for that poor family.
The Dunn family were marvellous about the whole thing from the start. That's what gets to me on this. They were willing to push the police for a charge of 'accidental' that would only result in a caution. They bent over backwards to be fair about this and I hope Sacoolas gets everything coming to her,

I've seen Lethal Weapon 2, it's a ridiculous concept.

Was Sacoolas actually covered then? Surely it should just be those in an official capacity, if anyone at all.
Looks like it. Family perks.

And I don't know the full story here. It might be that she wanted to face up but the diplomat husband convinced her otherwise. But even so, she shouldn't have allowed that to happen. Same rules apply.

Last edited:
Diplomatic immunity. It sucks sometimes.

I believe it’s in place to stop false allegations by non friendly countries making false accusations against diplomats and their families.

I kind of get that.

But this is the US and the U.K. - a strong as relationship you ll get Internationally. And , well , someone died , we know the driver and it’s not a false allegation.

There needs to be some weighting of immunity across the piece here - it shouldn’t be a get out of jail card and there’s some previous cases whereby it has been abused as such.

And the response of the State Department?

"We do not believe that the UK's charging decision is a helpful development."

Special relationship my arse. Fine words until it comes to mowing down a young lad because you can't f***ing drive properly, then dodge justice. 'Special relationship until one of ours kills one of yours and we'd prefer them to get off scot-free'.

And the response of the State Department?

"We do not believe that the UK's charging decision is a helpful development."

Special relationship my arse. Fine words until it comes to mowing down a young lad because you can't f***ing drive properly, then dodge justice. 'Special relationship until one of ours kills one of yours and we'd prefer them to get off scot-free'.

Cheeky bastards.

Ok State Department- what’s is a “helpful development” then?

The Land of the Getting Off Scot Free uh ?

**** is obviously guilty otherwise why did she flee? Twat.
That was never contested. She's guilty of switching off, losing concentration for a few seconds and driving on the wrong side of the road. I've done it before when driving in the states...when you first pick up the car everything is easy of course and driving on the right is a piece of piss...but it's when you're comfortable, a few days in, you get in the car and what you've done all your life just clicks in and there you are...shitting yourself that you just fucked up. The Dunns were sympathetic to that and just wanted her to admit to the mistake officially. She would have received just the caution if she'd stayed but doing a runner has made the situation what it is and now she's facing prison time if she ever gets extradited..

Try just doing the right thing.

Back