US diplomats wife leaves U.K. after fatal accident

Churchlanelad

Central Defender

They wouldn't waive immunity? Bastards.

It's terrible to have to hope an administration topples to get justice for the death of your child but hopefully come next november they are looking at reopening the case.

Why the states are protecting this person I don't know but I can't imagine they get protection from both sides of the aisle.

Those countries where diplomats frequently break the law and rely on diplomatic immunity and the same countries that ignore diplomatic immunity for diplomats in their own country. Diplomats should respect the laws of their host country and if they break it, should face th legal consequences like anyone else.

Its a bit shit that. The accident can't be undone, but to just leave the country is bad. I expect this sort of thing happens a lot. Just depends how serious it is as to whether it makes the news. Its a pity these diplomats and the families are not compelled to take out some sort of insurance to cover funeral costs in cases like this maybe. At the least.

They wouldn't waive immunity? Bastards.

It's terrible to have to hope an administration topples to get justice for the death of your child but hopefully come next november they are looking at reopening the case.

Why the states are protecting this person I don't know but I can't imagine they get protection from both sides of the aisle.

This is probably nothing to do with Trump, the yanks tend to do stuff like this regardless of administration

Just read the story on BBC. Sad state of affairs. It’s my old police force doing the investigation. Hopefully they do a good job and she is brought to justice.

She used her “immunity “ to escape the country - Northamptonshire Police tried to prevent this but their request was refused.

There’s some dark arts that go on believe me - and The Establishment are the best magicians.
Ah right, I half read the story earlier and never realised they’d tried to keep her.

Cheers for the clarification.

Back