US diplomats wife leaves U.K. after fatal accident

Anyone with a shred of decency wouldn’t do what shes done
Is it correct she’s lived here for 3 years ?
I get the confusion of driving on the other side of the road , however theres a lot o unanswered questions
she’s done herself no favours by her cowardly actions
Get her back to face the music asap for that poor lads family

Sorry like, but I reckon 99.9% of people would have done what she did, in her shoes. It’s sad to say, but the lad was dead and no matter what she did, nothing was going to change that. I can appreciate that the parents want to see justice done but there wouldn’t be many people who wouldn’t use a get out of jail free card. Ironically I would say that in this case, the global stigma of doing what she did is worse than if she had just faced the music discreetly, her name might not have even made the papers. Tragic accident but may have only resulted in a driving ban and a fine for her.

It’s not a hit and run, that’s the first thing. Secondly she has, up to the point of leaving the country cooperated with Northamptonshire Police; I can refer you all to the article link below.

Thirdly and you all need to be honest here, how many of you, if given the opportunity to leave the country would do so in similar circumstances? Would you stay in a foreign country or would you rather go home and be with your family and friends and try and figure out everything there. Remember there was absolute nothing preventing her from leaving.
I would imagine that like the family of the young man who lost his life she is under extreme stress at the moment. I bet she didn’t drive out of the airbase that day thinking “I can’t wait to hit someone in my car and kill them, then I’ll leave the country and not give it a second thought because I’m such a cruel and callous person” I’m not making excuses for her here. All I’m saying is that she is being vilified by the press who are focusing more on Donald Trump and his words and less on the victim and her.
And lastly as I was a police officer in Northamptonshire Police I have every faith that they will do everything in their power to bring this lady to account for her actions in court.

It’s not a hit and run, that’s the first thing. Secondly she has, up to the point of leaving the country cooperated with Northamptonshire Police; I can refer you all to the article link below.

Thirdly and you all need to be honest here, how many of you, if given the opportunity to leave the country would do so in similar circumstances? Would you stay in a foreign country or would you rather go home and be with your family and friends and try and figure out everything there. Remember there was absolute nothing preventing her from leaving.
I would imagine that like the family of the young man who lost his life she is under extreme stress at the moment. I bet she didn’t drive out of the airbase that day thinking “I can’t wait to hit someone in my car and kill them, then I’ll leave the country and not give it a second thought because I’m such a cruel and callous person” I’m not making excuses for her here. All I’m saying is that she is being vilified by the press who are focusing more on Donald Trump and his words and less on the victim and her.
And lastly as I was a police officer in Northamptonshire Police I have every faith that they will do everything in their power to bring this lady to account for her actions in court.
She had no right to diplomatic immunity in the first place. She is a fugitive from British justice, aided by the US government who arranged for her to leave the UK on an American transport plane. Action through the US justice system will leave her open to litigation and compensation by the family of the poor lad.

Her statement says that she "co-operated with authorities" at the scene and then "met Northamptonshire Police the next day".

Since it says "authorities" rather than police, it wouldn't surprise me to find that means the US authorities at the base just up the road, from where she'd just left.

We all know that an ambulance doesn't take 50 minutes to reach the scene of a fatal RTA in the normal course of things. I wonder how long after the accident the ambulance was called? I'm surprised there were no medics or first aid kits at all who could have come out of the base and attended to the lad while waiting for the ambulance.

Instead, the poor boy was left all smashed up and dying in a ditch, whilst 'the guys' debated and decided and waited for sign off on the strategy to be used in this 'sitoo-ation we gart here'.

It's time to close down all US bases in Britain - and what a joke to put RAF in their name by the way.

Yankees! Go home!

I thought diplomatic immunity was originally meant to protect people from inadvertently falling foul of local laws that were not the norm. Typically, the people with power have extended this to covering their arses so they do whatever and get away with it. It'll now never change for the untouchables.

I feel for the family but I'll be surprised if anything happens. It appears the government has passed the hot potato to the Police and have taken a step back, showing they are once again America's bitches!

Aye she’ll meet the parents but in America - on her terms as she won’t dare come back here for fear of prosecution so she’s still only doing half a job as far as I’m concerned . She should face the full consequences instead of just making the minimum effort to try and make herself look less of a villain in the media.

Someone should step in and get her back over and not give up until she has been back here ! Hate the yanks with the we rule the world!

Her statement says that she "co-operated with authorities" at the scene and then "met Northamptonshire Police the next day".

Since it says "authorities" rather than police, it wouldn't surprise me to find that means the US authorities at the base just up the road, from where she'd just left.

We all know that an ambulance doesn't take 50 minutes to reach the scene of a fatal RTA in the normal course of things. I wonder how long after the accident the ambulance was called? I'm surprised there were no medics or first aid kits at all who could have come out of the base and attended to the lad while waiting for the ambulance.

Instead, the poor boy was left all smashed up and dying in a ditch, whilst 'the guys' debated and decided and waited for sign off on the strategy to be used in this 'sitoo-ation we gart here'.

It's time to close down all US bases in Britain - and what a joke to put RAF in their name by the way.

Yankees! Go home!
Speculation, hysteria & fantasy! No wonder she doesn't want to come back...

That's shoddy reporting though. A hit and run is leaving the scene of an accident without stopping. She stopped and cooperated (hence the initial assurances that she'd stay in the country). It's semantics but she's basically left when she said she wouldn't.
Correct, but as the saying goes “never let the truth spoil a good story “.

Trial in her absence?
They do it from time to time so do it and then have the international arrest warrant out if she’s found guilty. Something said today in the papers is that as she’s now in the States that in immunity thing doesn’t apply. If she’s found guilty, would that mean she couldn’t travel overseas as she could be arrested ? I tricky situation if you are married to a “ diplomat “
Where does it say anywhere it was a hit and run?
Only in regards to she hit someone then ran back home a few weeks later.

I thought diplomatic immunity was originally meant to protect people from inadvertently falling foul of local laws that were not the norm. Typically, the people with power have extended this to covering their arses so they do whatever and get away with it. It'll now never change for the untouchables.

I feel for the family but I'll be surprised if anything happens. It appears the government has passed the hot potato to the Police and have taken a step back, showing they are once again America's bitches!
Diplomatic immunity is surely there to protect their state and not necessarily them. How that could happen to a wife of one in a friendly country for a driving offence is beyond me

Imagine if it were the other way round. Trump would be threatening us with war.
"the UK better hand her over, BAD THINGS will happen if they don't!!!!! I will destroy the UKs economy #veryverybad just like I did turkey, don't believe the #fakenews THEY will SUFFER."

Back