undecided voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit dramatic, the way I see it, everything you see in politics is an illusion, behind the scenes the money men always get their way, democracy in this country has become nothing more than an illusion, and the government always gets in

One of the few facts around - dramatic or not. Fair enough, each to their own view.

Inexcusable, imho, but if you're planning to use the time you save to further your studies of yellow card distribution in the major European leagues, then I might let you off just this once.

More seriously, I would like to see us introduce a system of compulsory voting. similar to Australia, with financial penalties to 'encourage' people to exercise their democratic rights which are denied to many around the world. Anyone not voting should also be denied the right to moan about anything for the next 5 years. Respect the vote!

If you don’t vote for the party that gets in can you moan then or is that not allowed either?

Remember even those who are privileged to be MP’s abstain from voting within Parliaments walls.

I’d be quite happy if people were forced to vote as it may end up in a be careful what you wish for scenario, bring it on.

f***ing no way can I vote for that oxygen thief ira supporting fucktard and his moronic sidekick. Absolute arsehat of a man and so is Abbott
Its up to you marra but if you don't then Boris will probably get in by default.

Hmmm, you're absolutely right marra, it does seem a bit ambitious. Let's just continue with the 9.5 years of a clusterfuck of a Tory government to be on the safe side.

Sadly the last year or so has been a total clusterfuck due to not so hidden agendas.
Its up to you marra but if you don't then Boris will probably get in by default.

How, Labour will probably keep most of their North East strongholds, so his vote will be meaningless if he doesn’t stick everything on red.

Last edited:
Where did I say the alternative is better?

I never inferred you did but we can only judge the future on what we've experienced. I'm happy to take a chance on the alternative and if it doesn't work we all get another say in 5 years - or sooner. I have genuine concerns that people close to me will struggle massively under another 5 years of Tory government.

So you reckon I've got to vote Labour just to stop Boris even tho corbyn is the biggest threat to our national security than anything else. Its like saying I've got to pick Saville over glitter as to who comes to my kids birthday party. This is why British politics is so shit. I need to vote for this one just to stop the other one and I'm voting this way just to prevent this one from having this etc etc etc. It's a wank argument mate. If you're voting just to stop the other one from getting power then you're a part of the problem itself. Vote for who you believe in and actually think will make a difference. I refused to vote last time as not one of them offered me anything I could want from a government. It'll probably be the same again this time round.

Cannot disagree with that, absolutely spot on, although other than no one voting (will never happen) what can we do?

Too divided and preoccupied to make a stand. Best to give them as little attention as possible until it goes too far.

So you reckon I've got to vote Labour just to stop Boris even tho corbyn is the biggest threat to our national security than anything else. Its like saying I've got to pick Saville over glitter as to who comes to my kids birthday party. This is why British politics is so shit. I need to vote for this one just to stop the other one and I'm voting this way just to prevent this one from having this etc etc etc. It's a wank argument mate. If you're voting just to stop the other one from getting power then you're a part of the problem itself. Vote for who you believe in and actually think will make a difference. I refused to vote last time as not one of them offered me anything I could want from a government. It'll probably be the same again this time round.

Precisely.

Politics is so deep in the gutter that we re down to a least worst vote.

We should be arguing who the better of 2 or 3 good options are.

I m sick to the back teeth of party politics - they pander to the extremes , those very extremes who * coughs* donate to them- whichever rosette they follow.

Well they would , wouldn’t they.

I only have a basic understanding of politics but I believe its called tactical voting.

Exactly, im labour, a lot of my friends are Tory.
So fuck, i'll still get pissed with them, the day i let the political affiliations of others become a point of contention among us, thats the point that politicians have got what they wanted and created divisions between people and class.

Some proper wailing fannies on social media crying about having to distance themselves from friends and family over political disagreement.

How delicate do you have to be man.

anybody else still undecided who to vote for, piss poor leaders on both sides , have Never voted tory before but find Corbyn way too left wing , but boris comes across as a complete tool , lib dem seems a wasted vote also and dont warm to that Jo Swinson atall

gonna be a flip of a coin

Voting for an alternative party is never a wasted vote. If you believe in a cleaner environment, why not vote green? Don't vote on the basis of the leader, but the party and its policies. A wasted vote is not voting at all.

I never inferred you did but we can only judge the future on what we've experienced. I'm happy to take a chance on the alternative and if it doesn't work we all get another say in 5 years - or sooner. I have genuine concerns that people close to me will struggle massively under another 5 years of Tory government.
I wouldn't argue with that. I've long said that it's the systems that are wrong in this country. No matter what happens the wrong people end up getting penalised and the usual mob sponge a fortune from it. We all know someone who is more than capable of working, but never lift a finger regardless of who's been in government.

anybody else still undecided who to vote for, piss poor leaders on both sides , have Never voted tory before but find Corbyn way too left wing , but boris comes across as a complete tool , lib dem seems a wasted vote also and dont warm to that Jo Swinson atall

gonna be a flip of a coin

Any vote to prevent the tories getting back.

They're absolutely f*cking useless.

Others untried but could not possibly be any worse.

Boris all the way, Corbyn will be far more dangerous as PM and could do irreparable damage to the country.

I'm the same boat as OP, never voted Tories in 20 years of voting but will do this time.

The passive acceptance of naked lies, a brexit to go on forever, more foodbanks, more inequalty, more centralisation, more racism. Yeah! Vote Boris!

Staggered anyone in the North East can vote Tory. Believing they actually give a toss about us. That party has raped this region of funds any chance its gotten for decades.

Voting for an openly racist, homophobic bigot. Staggered.......

I only have a basic understanding of politics but I believe its called tactical voting.
Then I stand by my comment mate you're a part of the problem. Stand up for who you believe in rather than the opposite of who you don't want. You'll be happy when Labour bankrupt the country yet again and won't moan one bit when austerity comes back round in a couple of years putting your loved ones career's and futures at risk once again. Each to their own but unless we can a act on what we believe then this government two party shit will continue forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back