undecided voters

Arise the Career Politician.

A lot of this shower haven’t done a decent days graft in their lives , never had to worry about debt , crime,houses for their kids etc.

Out of touch doesn’t come close.

It’s become a lucrative career path for many - where’s the statesmanship , the sense of public duty and civic pride?

You could say that about 90% of the Tory party but I get your point.

One of my favourite radio programmes is Desert Island Discs - check out the BBC site for the one on Brian Moore the England RU hooker(?) - and the number of times Roy Plumley used the statement 'so after Eton, Oxford and the Guards?' to describe a Tory's pre-Parliamentary cv was a bit worrying!
What does it tell you when even The New Statesman won't endorse the prick

Are we talking about Corbyn? The New Statesman endorses our local MP's especially Bridget who is a regular contributor so I'd say that was a good enough reason not to listen to the New Statesman. I'm voting for Labour because of Corbyn and despite the vitriol directed at him by the billionaire MSM & our local MP's.

Last edited:

The way I see it makes it pretty simple for me to choose.
Although I think political parties are basically all out for themselves, you have to look at the better of a bad bunch.

We can all see the mess the tories have created with the NHS and food banks galore going up, bedroom tax and universal credit leaving people in dire straits.
It's there for all to see who care to look.
If none of that affects people then those people will certainly refuse to see it, but it does affect the majority of people.

To look at all policies in terms of what I see happening and what is promised by all parties, the labour party wins it hands down for me.
That's not to say everything will be perfect or that I trust everything that's said, so let's put this in a simple light.

If you keep getting beat up and you know the next day will be the same, you become accustomed to it and almost in acceptance of it (Tories) but then, someone comes along who promises you that your beatings will stop and even at the worst scenario you'll only get a few occasional slaps, then I think I'd take that for some respite.

It's labour for me because I've seen the destruction from the Tories and it'll only get worse for those on low wages or on or below the poverty line, which is scandalous in itself.

Last edited:
The other parties have basically conceded the seat to Labour in Sunderland anyway judging by the candidates they've put up.

It’s not just Sunderland. I was looking at the list of Tory candidates across the North East.

14 of of which, have their home addresses in Surrey, Bedford, Westminster, Croydon, Chesham, Hammersmith, Sevenoaks etc etc.

looks like theres a canny % who in similar boat , not convinced by either leader
So the obvious candidate is Farage .
The way I see it makes it pretty simple for me to choose.
Although I think political parties are basically all out for themselves, you have to look at the better of a bad bunch.

We can all see the mess the tories have created with the NHS and food banks galore going up, bedroom tax and universal credit leaving people in dire straits.
It's there for all to see who care to look.
If none of that affects people then those people will certainly refuse to see it, but it does affect the majority of people.

To look at all policies in terms of what I see happening and what is promised by all parties, the labour party wins it hands down for me.
That's not to say everything will be perfect or that I trust everything that's said, so let's put this in a simple light.

If you keep getting beat up and you know the next day will be the same, you become accustomed to it and almost in acceptance of it (Tories) but then, someone comes along who promises you that your beatings will stop and even at the worst scenario you'll only get a few occasional slaps, then I think I'd take that for some respite.

It's labour for me because I've seen the destruction from the Tories and it'll only get worse for those on low wages or on or below the poverty line, which is scandalous in itself.
Labour proved 10 year ago they are not capable of running the economy and that was under middle of the road people like Blair .They more or less bankrupt the country ,how do you think the big bad Tories got In ,in the first place ?
The 10 years of penny pinching hasn’t been for nowt ,it’s to try and out labours mess right .

Corbyn lives in a world of fairytales much like the middle class student types that they have captured the imagination of .

Last edited:

Labour proved 10 year ago they are not capable of running the economy and that was under middle of the road people like Blair .They more or less bankrupt the country ,how do you think the big bad Tories got In ,in the first place ?
The 10 years of penny pinching hasn’t been for nowt ,it’s to try and out labours mess right .

Corbyn lives in a world of fairytales much like the middle class student types that they have captured the imagination of .

f***ing hell, there was a GLOBAL recession. How many more times do people have to be told about this?!

It's been fully costed and it's not as if it is to be all implemented by Christmas. It's a long term plan for the better of this country. I would agree though that a Labour majority is virtually impossible and many of the things in the manifesto would be irrelevant as part of any coalition. I see it as a manifesto full of hope, whereas others see it as fantasy.
This is fairly misleading of you to talk about it being costed. BT as an example have already said the figure quoted for even part nationalisation wasn’t even in the ball park. If you’re honest with yourself you know most of the ‘costing’ is nonsense and will never take place, certainly not without tax hikes for the middle/upper earner.
f***ing hell, there was a GLOBAL recession. How many more times do people have to be told about this?!
Interesting that when people talk about labour and the economy it’s ‘it was a global recession’. Conservatives take over and act to repair the economy DUE TO the global recession and everyone just claims they’re scum 😅

Last edited:
Bit dramatic, the way I see it, everything you see in politics is an illusion, behind the scenes the money men always get their way, democracy in this country has become nothing more than an illusion, and the government always gets in
It hasn't just become that way, it's always been that way, party politics is nothing more than a puppet show, to keep the masses occupied, while the elite get on with enjoying their life.

This is fairly misleading of you to talk about it being costed. BT as an example have already said the figure quoted for even part nationalisation wasn’t even in the ball park. If you’re honest with yourself you know most of the ‘costing’ is nonsense and will never take place, certainly not without tax hikes for the middle/upper
Imagine my shock at BT attempting to downplay the realism of Nationalising their business. Not as though they've got a share price to protect or anything. Their costs probably don't take in to account the fact that their share price would plummet, if Labour got in power. The truth may fall somewhere in the middle. Labours tax plans are common knowledge so not really sure what your point is on that one.

I've seen what labour can do but labour didn't leave people in dire straits and actually look on the north of England as part of the country. The conservatives almost see us all as a waste.
The Tories will kill off the NHS and very soon will implement an American system of medical insurance or be left with a massive bill for failure to keep up payments or not being able to afford them.
The Tories have basically turned what they see as the working class into the low class and the low class are now under a scrooge type system of soup kitchens and food banks donated by the very people who are struggling themselves.

Labour didn't bankrupt the country, they simply meted out the spoils a little bit more fairly. And I say a little bit.
This time I expect them to play a little bit more fair with the people who need it and I think they will.
The Tories will do no such thing, except to pretend to be doing a long term strategy to get this country back on track.
Guess what?
They've had more than enough time to do it but all that's happened is, more billionaires and more rich, catered for by the people who do the real graft, who get to see paying bills as some kind of privilege if it leaves them with enough food to last them the month.

Those who benefit under a Tory government, enjoy but remember the jobs they all have will soon be taken over by people from other countries who are willing to work for minimum wage or they take the pay cut and accept it.

This naturally will not apply to those who work directly for and under the government in the suited capacity.

I don't know a lot about politics but I do know what the words, fair, unfair and degrading mean and the Tories cater for the latter two bolded words.

That's my opinion on it.

I don't think there's anything labour can do to destroy this country anymore than it has been under the Tories. It's bordering on total collapse for the working class with those sadistic gits. But they'll still keep us all holding the begging bowls, just enough to cater for their dripping wealth, the sickening bar stewards.

Last edited:
I've seen what labour can do but labour didn't leave people in dire straits and actually look on the north of England as part of the country. The conservatives almost see us all as a waste.
The Tories will kill off the NHS and very soon will implement an American system of medical insurance or be left with a massive bill for failure to keep up payments or not being able to afford them.
The Tories have basically turned what they see as the working class into the low class and the low class are now under a scrooge type system of soup kitchens and food banks donated by the very people who are struggling themselves.

Labour didn't bankrupt the country, they simply meted out the spoils a little bit more fairly. And I say a little bit.
This time I expect them to play a little bit more fair with the people who need it and I think they will.
The Tories will do no such thing, except to pretend to be doing a long term strategy to get this country back on track.
Guess what?
They've had more than enough time to do it but all that's happened is, more billionaires and more rich, catered for by the people who do the real graft, who get to see paying bills as some kind of privilege if it leaves them with enough food to last them the month.

Those who benefit under a Tory government, enjoy but remember the jobs they all have will soon be taken over by people from other countries who are willing to work for minimum wage or they take the pay cut and accept it.

This naturally will not apply to those who work directly for and under the government in the suited capacity.

I don't know a lot about politics but I do know what the words, fair, unfair and degrading mean and the Tories cater for the latter two bolded words.

That's my opinion on it.

I don't think there's anything labour can do to destroy this country anymore than it has been under the Tories. It's bordering on total collapse for the working class with those sadistic gits. But they'll still keep us all holding the begging bowls, just enough to cater for their dripping wealth, the sickening bar stewards.

You OK..........?

You can still vote if you can make it to a polling station

Think it said if you register for postal vote you can't turn up (to prevent someone voting by post then turning up and voting again). I've been away with work for a while, got back yesterday, no voting slip, too late to get a new one sent out and I'm away again tomorrow until Friday. Oh well, I'm in Sunderland so Labour will win anyway!

Boris all the way, Corbyn will be far more dangerous as PM and could do irreparable damage to the country.

I'm the same boat as OP, never voted Tories in 20 years of voting but will do this time.
Obviously it's pointless trying to change people's minds on politics because it won't happen, but that's a very odd viewpoint imo. The tories are causing irreparable damage to the country currently.

If you could expand I'd appreciate it.

I voted to stay in the referendum( more on a selfish I'm all right at the minute so why change?).
I " lost " in that vote I suppose and fair play to that .If we had another vote this time I would vote leave purely based on the fact I think the original vote should have been honoured.
It's like trying to choose which vegetable to have shoved up your arse....
Made me chuckle marra!

I voted to stay in the referendum( more on a selfish I'm all right at the minute so why change?).
I " lost " in that vote I suppose and fair play to that .If we had another vote this time I would vote leave purely based on the fact I think the original vote should have been honoured.
Made me chuckle marra!
Exactly my point ,we live in a democracy and we have already had the vote once .I didn’t vote leave but If Corbyn or the fat lass somehow force us to vote again then I’ll be standing waiting for the polling station to open to cast my leave vote .

Back