Two Weeks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we signed Lee Burge in replacement of Ruiter.

Exactly :lol:

There’s absolutely no guarantee Burge is better.

As long as McLaughlin stays fit then it’s a moot point anyway. And if he’s injured then we’re weaker anyway ;)

Last edited:

There’s absolutely no guarantee Burge is better, if anything Ruiter has had and will likely have the better career despite his wobble at Sunderland. He was alright when he played last season to be fair.

As long as McLaughlin stays fit then it’s a moot point anyway. And if he’s injured then we’re weaker anyway ;)

Well in my opinion , I think it's an improvement.. We have two steady league one keepers now. Instead of one and an unknown. I like Ruiter myself but he's barely played these past couple of years. The squad is definitely not weaker though. It's no worse off overall. But definitely better in defense. Need attacking signings. 2-3 of them.

Perhaps we won't, but neither Cattermole nor Morgan have been replaced. There's nothing to suggest McLauhlin is a better player than Matthews, although Matthews' main problem was injuries, so hopefully he's more durable.

Don't forget that Cattermole scored 7 goals last season.

We just allow 7 less goals.

Well in my opinion , I think it's an improvement.. We have two steady league one keepers now. Instead of one and an unknown. I like Ruiter myself but he's barely played these past couple of years. The squad is definitely not weaker though. It's no worse off overall. But definitely better in defense. Need attacking signings. 2-3 of them.

Agree on defence.

Willis is a strong improvement, and while too early to say whether McLaughlin is a better player than Matthews he should at least be available more often.

Can’t agree on the keepers though, we’re not stronger there. We simply need McLaughlin to play...

We still need pace, athleticism and strength through the squad. Nothing has changed on that front.

After the “100 point” nonsense from the owners it’ll be criminal if they don’t back Ross

Agree on defence.

Willis is a strong improvement, and while too early to say whether McLaughlin is a better player than Matthews he should at least be available more often.

Can’t agree on the keepers though, we’re not stronger there. We simply need McLaughlin to play...

We still need pace, athleticism and strength through the squad. Nothing has changed on that front.

After the “100 point” nonsense from the owners it’ll be criminal if they don’t back Ross

I agree I think they've shot themselves in the foot with the 100 point comment. I believe we will make 2 more signings. A CM and a winger or no. 10, which I wouldn't be too disheartened with.. And maybe a loan signing on top.

There’s absolutely no guarantee Burge is better.

Another poster with the "injury" excuse weakening our team, FFS of course he can get injured, any team can have players injured

We are miles weaker than we were this time last year, imo

How many miles?

Last edited:
At least 50 :lol:, we got bullied out of many games last season and I can’t see how it’s going to be different this season

Interesting, new concept in shitness, So we were at Nortallerton instead of Sunderland?

Read my posts again, or are you simply after an argument

You radgy nutter :lol:

Last edited:

You’re missing my point man :lol:

A poster said we were stronger at GK...

I was merely responding that we don’t know whether Burge is actually better than Ruiter yet, but that if either of them played we’d be weaker anyway

Not sure how you can disagree with that. It’s pretty much fact ;)

Our squad isn't weaker than last season. It's stronger.
We've bought well defensively which is what cost us last season. Now that we have improved and solidified at the back it will allow Ross to play a more expansive and attacking brand if football.
Last year we were far to defensive purely to compensate for and protect the personnel at the back.
Now we've improved that area we can push on further up the field.
It'll take time to adjust to the new system of 3 at the back but patience is key with this formation and we are in need of another winger and physical presence in midfield imo, but to say we are weaker is incorrect I believe

I actually think the league itself is weaker this season.

The three teams coming down from the Championship don't look as strong as the 3 that went up and I only expect Lincoln to be promotion challengers out of the teams promoted from League Two (they could be this season's 'Luton').

I actually think the league itself is weaker this season.

The three teams coming down from the Championship don't look as strong as the 3 that went up and I only expect Lincoln to be promotion challengers out of the teams promoted from League Two (they could be this season's 'Luton').

Rotherham & Ipswich could still be strong, although agree that Bolton “shouldn’t” cause a problem.

Pompey look like they’ll be weaker too, although should have funds to restrenghten.

Watch it be Lincoln, Rotherham automatic and we’ll lose to Ipswich in the PO Final ;)

Our squad isn't weaker than last season. It's stronger.
We've bought well defensively which is what cost us last season. Now that we have improved and solidified at the back it will allow Ross to play a more expansive and attacking brand if football.
Last year we were far to defensive purely to compensate for and protect the personnel at the back.
Now we've improved that area we can push on further up the field.
It'll take time to adjust to the new system of 3 at the back but patience is key with this formation and we are in need of another winger and physical presence in midfield imo, but to say we are weaker is incorrect I believe
We don’t have anyone to play right wing back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back