Two Weeks Today

tom92

Midfield
The season starts against the mighty Oxford. Meanwhile we have a weaker squad and kept the same manager that guided us to our worst ever finish in our history.

HWTL

This ^ how is our squad weaker when we've strengthened our weakest area from last season?

Possibly because we've lost Cattermole, Matthews and Morgan. We're also down on a striker, although Sterling added nothing to the side. Embleton is an unknown, but if he hadn't been our player and we'd signed him off the back of his form at Grimsby we'd probably be excited.

I thought Sammut was coming in to join the U23 squad, this might still be the case, but he too could force his way into the side.

Possibly because we've lost Cattermole, Matthews and Morgan. We're also down on a striker, although Sterling added nothing to the side. Embleton is an unknown, but if he hadn't been our player and we'd signed him off the back of his form at Grimsby we'd probably be excited.

I thought Sammut was coming in to join the U23 squad, this might still be the case, but he too could force his way into the side.
I'd be very surprised if Ross has the foresight to play him. He'll stick with Power and Leadbitter

We won't miss Cattermole, Mathews or Morgan one jot.
Feel free to bookmark.

We won't miss Cattermole, Mathews or Morgan one jot.
Feel free to bookmark.

Perhaps we won't, but neither Cattermole nor Morgan have been replaced. There's nothing to suggest McLauhlin is a better player than Matthews, although Matthews' main problem was injuries, so hopefully he's more durable.

Don't forget that Cattermole scored 7 goals last season.

Our squad isn't weaker. We've improved an area of the team that cost us promotion last season.

It could be argued that what cost us promotion last season was replacing Maja with Grigg. Has that situation improved? We've also got rid of our highest scoring CM....has that situation improved?

Perhaps we won't, but neither Cattermole nor Morgan have been replaced. There's nothing to suggest McLauhlin is a better player than Matthews, although Matthews' main problem was injuries, so hopefully he's more durable.

Don't forget that Cattermole scored 7 goals last season.
Reckon O'Nien playing in midfield will equal if not better Cattermoles tally like.

Reckon O'Nien playing in midfield will equal if not better Cattermoles tally like.

We'll see, it was early days but O'Nein didn't excel in that position when selected there last season, granted he didn't have much of a chance and now he's more experienced with games under his belt.

We don't even know if Ross intends to use him there, when he played the other night he was on the right side.

Back