Two Weeks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last time we were in this league with Gates and Gabbiadini we scored:

7 on two occasions
4 on six occasions
3 on six occasions

Jack Ross needs to take note that if we are going to win this league then every game should not turn into a hard game to win.

Wasn't one of those 7 in the Cup though?

TBF we won a Championship with Mick McCarthy a level higher and I think we scored 5 once in a flukey home win against Plymouth and scored 4 twice grinding out many victories by the odd goal and keeping clean sheets. We done it that way as we had some good players in some positions like Arca, Mhyre, Breen, McCartney, Whitehead for that level but not many were outstanding like Gates, Gabbiadini, Owers, Bennett were in Division three and we didn't have the same level of fire power, as we don't have now. There's more similarities with the McCarthy side now than there is with a side containing Gates and Gabbiadini.

Wasn't one of those 7 in the Cup though?

TBF we won a Championship with Mick McCarthy a level higher and I think we scored 5 once in a flukey home win against Plymouth and scored 4 twice grinding out many victories by the odd goal and keeping clean sheets. We done it that way as we had some good players in some positions like Arca, Mhyre, Breen, McCartney, Whitehead for that level but not many were outstanding like Gates, Gabbiadini, Owers, Bennett were in Division three and we didn't have the same level of fire power, as we don't have now. There's more similarities with the McCarthy side now than there is with a side containing Gates and Gabbiadini.

And look what happened the following season at the higher level after promotion :lol:

Last time we were in this league with Gates and Gabbiadini we scored:

7 on two occasions
4 on six occasions
3 on six occasions

Jack Ross needs to take note that if we are going to win this league then every game should not turn into a hard game to win.
This this and this again.

We should never be too arogant (see up the road) but we should take this league by the scruff of the neck. We sould attack teams, particularly at the SOL, and let people be frightrened about coming up to play here instead of it being a nice day out for them.

Yp think every player should be aold because we didn't get promoted :lol:

Not all at once. As scary as it sounds we need a team of some kind. Together they didn't work. They struggled to manage to cope with life even in League One. A league every one of us, including me, fully expected a club of our size to easily deal with. Ok we cant cope with the Championship. Surely League 1 should be easier for Sunderland AFC. It even wasn't here.

All my instincts are crying out to have 09 as a No 10, I honestly believe he would be the making of the front two, and the team as a whole.
Don't see him in that position tbh. He isn't the creative, link up type player that's needed there. Maguire and McGeady are good fits for that role but just don't see it with O'Nien who is more box to box with his energy rather than the flair type that's needed for a 10 role.

I’ll be lying in the back garden with a beer in my hand. Why waste the good weather here by going abroad? Keep the hols for the later in the year.

Wouldn’t say we are weaker.

Slightly weaker in midfield with Cattermole gone but slightly stronger in defence with Willis in.

Would say we are on par overall last season really.

Should always tell the truth mate, lying can catch up on you...
Been snapped up yet that midfielder?

Not all at once. As scary as it sounds we need a team of some kind. Together they didn't work. They struggled to manage to cope with life even in League One. A league every one of us, including me, fully expected a club of our size to easily deal with. Ok we cant cope with the Championship. Surely League 1 should be easier for Sunderland AFC. It even wasn't here.
He's one of the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back