Two Weeks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Maja, who is far far superior to any of our other strikers for half of last season. He won us as many points as anyone else and still hasn’t been replaced

Cattermole has gone, not been replaced. As much as I don’t really like him he was massive in quite a few games, scored vital goals and protected the defence. He’d found his level

Burge was the worst keeper I’ve ever seen at the SoL (well maybe on a par with the Millwall keeper the season before) so we’re fucked if anything happens to McLoughlin

Signed one promising defender but we need a lot lot more otherwise we will be seeing more of Ozturk, Baldwin and Loovens again.

Yet we have Donald and Charlie claiming we’re gonna get another 20 points or so :lol:

We don’t have our club back just because you put a few seats in at the sol. It’s back once we’re competing at the right end of the championship and back in the pl, the games become exciting, the atmosphere comes back and players aren’t signing for tin pot shite ahead of us.

You must have a shit memory if you think Burge is the worst keeper you have ever seen at The Sol. We have signed a better defender, but he could get injured :) :), glass smashed to fuck person are you?

All my instincts are crying out to have 09 as a No 10, I honestly believe he would be the making of the front two, and the team as a whole.

Why? He's got energy and he gets about the pitch, but he's not exactly shown he's got great vision or a creative streak with measured passes and play revolving around him.

Reactions: Sid
But when we conceded, we didn’t have any attacking options to win games. The best you can do if you dont score is draw.

That doesn't make sense because you still have to score to draw when conceding or to have been ahead in the first place.

I get not being free scoring cost us, but by the same token not being resolute in defence did as well. It was clear as day we were wide open from day one.

The season starts against the mighty Oxford. Meanwhile we have a weaker squad and kept the same manager that guided us to our worst ever finish in our history.

HWTL
I’m worried tbh. One in one out policy basically means we need to ship Oviedo, McGeough, Watmore, Loovens and Baldwin. Donald’s made the same old mistake again, running his mouth off, going on about getting 100 points but we’re not backing it up. Why does he come out with these things? Presumably because at that point he thought Campbell was gonna take us over and slip us a few quid. Satori is just a passenger. At this rate we’ll do well to get 85 points, which is play off material again. And that 3-5-2 don’t impress me.

There’s no way we’ll mount a promotion charge this season as things stand.

We might finish 5th or 6th and have a go in the playoffs, which would be nice for another trip to Wembley. THIS season will be the worst in our history.

The season starts against the mighty Oxford. Meanwhile we have a weaker squad and kept the same manager that guided us to our worst ever finish in our history.

HWTL
And in two weeks time you'll still be sucking gravy out of your shirt.

That was 7 goals from a defensive CM though. O'Nien won't be playing there.

Struggling with the clamour for O'nien me. According to this board he's the answer to our problems in attacking midfield, he's going to be a box to box midfielder and he's going to excel in defensive midfield. Sounds like a complete player then able to play three roles or more.

I know he's popular and he done well filling in last season, even got one or two goals coming on as a sub earlier in the season and he's got energy and a bit of cleverness for lower levels about him. But I don't see an obvious role for him and not sure where he gets in nevermind being a stand out player. The little bit of him I did see in central midfield I wasn't impressed at all with him, though I can understand he was new, it was a new team and it was a step up for him.

Guess we'll see.

09 will go into this season riding high in terms of confidence after having a hugely successful first season......Honestly think with confidence high and back in his natural position he could be the best "signing" of the season......Can't see how Ross could justify leaving him out, he earnt himself a chance to be a starter in his natural position imho. If we get box to box central midfielder in then what happens to 09? He is like a new signing imho.

Given your eulogising of O'Nien what would it say to you if the manager didn't share those views?

You must have a shit memory if you think Burge is the worst keeper you have ever seen at The Sol. We have signed a better defender, but he could get injured :) :), glass smashed to fuck person are you?
Just keep happy clapping the club into the abyss then mate. Name me a worst keeper that has conceded 4 at the sol in one of the worst league performances in Sunderland’s history

And in two weeks time you'll still be sucking gravy out of your shirt.
Just keep your head firmly buried in the sand and dance along to Roker Report’s propaganda tune. Bit pathetic resorting to mag accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back