Two Weeks Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

We had Maja, who is far far superior to any of our other strikers for half of last season. He won us as many points as anyone else and still hasn’t been replaced

Cattermole has gone, not been replaced. As much as I don’t really like him he was massive in quite a few games, scored vital goals and protected the defence. He’d found his level

Burge was the worst keeper I’ve ever seen at the SoL (well maybe on a par with the Millwall keeper the season before) so we’re fucked if anything happens to McLoughlin

Signed one promising defender but we need a lot lot more otherwise we will be seeing more of Ozturk, Baldwin and Loovens again.

Yet we have Donald and Charlie claiming we’re gonna get another 20 points or so :lol:

We don’t have our club back just because you put a few seats in at the sol. It’s back once we’re competing at the right end of the championship and back in the pl, the games become exciting, the atmosphere comes back and players aren’t signing for tin pot shite ahead of us.

Was scored as many goals as Barnsley and more than Charlton. Our defensive frailties cost us last season.

If we’d have scored more we would have gone up. We didn’t. After Christmas our goals for was crap.
Actually conceding when one up cost us, so you could say we have improved the defence

But when we conceded, we didn’t have any attacking options to win games. The best you can do if you dont score is draw.

Our squad isn't weaker. We've improved an area of the team that cost us promotion last season.
I would say it probably is weaker tbh. McLaughlin and Matthews will probably be much of a muchness. Willis seems an improvement aye but we have also lost our best centre midfielder.

If we’d have scored more we would have gone up. We didn’t. After Christmas our goals for was crap.

But when we conceded, we didn’t have any attacking options to win games. The best you can do if you dont score is draw.
Many teams have won titles on the back of 1 nil wins

I think we are a lot stronger. Lee Burge looks like a very good keeper and clearly as good as Ruiter. McLaughlin looks decent and an adequet replacement for Matthews, free's up O'Nein as well. Willis looks the part in a back 3 and massively improves or CB options....whichever CB goes won't be a loss. We'll also see Embleton, Sammut & Kimpioka break into the team and all look exciting plus good enough for this league. We've lost Catt's but effectively added 3 in midfield, all being attack minded which is what we've sorely missed. Kimpioka is ready to take Grigg's place if he doesn't buck up his idea's. Add a couple of loans and we're pretty much ready.

1-1

I think we are a lot stronger. Lee Burge looks like a very good keeper and clearly as good as Ruiter. McLaughlin looks decent and an adequet replacement for Matthews, free's up O'Nein as well. Willis looks the part in a back 3 and massively improves or CB options....whichever CB goes won't be a loss. We'll also see Embleton, Sammut & Kimpioka break into the team and all look exciting plus good enough for this league. We've lost Catt's but effectively added 3 in midfield, all being attack minded which is what we've sorely missed. Kimpioka is ready to take Grigg's place if he doesn't buck up his idea's. Add a couple of loans and we're pretty much ready.
:lol:

We'll see, it was early days but O'Nein didn't excel in that position when selected there last season, granted he didn't have much of a chance and now he's more experienced with games under his belt.

We don't even know if Ross intends to use him there, when he played the other night he was on the right side.

09 will go into this season riding high in terms of confidence after having a hugely successful first season......Honestly think with confidence high and back in his natural position he could be the best "signing" of the season......Can't see how Ross could justify leaving him out, he earnt himself a chance to be a starter in his natural position imho. If we get box to box central midfielder in then what happens to 09? He is like a new signing imho.

Not scoring enough cost us mate. We havent improved in attacking areas, although the defence does look better on paper now.

It was both really. Had we not conceded so many goals early on or late on then we'd have walked promotion. We had to make so many come backs from not starting well and conceded a lot of leads. It wasn't just attacking issues.

At the same time the lack of goals later on in the season contributed as well. Whilst we have added players to the defence, my worry is the set up of the midfield was a part of the reason we had issues at both ends.

09 will go into this season riding high in terms of confidence after having a hugely successful first season......Honestly think with confidence high and back in his natural position he could be the best "signing" of the season......Can't see how Ross could justify leaving him out, he earnt himself a chance to be a starter in his natural position imho. If we get box to box central midfielder in then what happens to 09? He is like a new signing imho.

Not really though as he hasn't played in that position for us bar a few games, and he struggled. Do I think he should be given a chance? Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ross played him right back again or as a wing back if we adopt the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back