Top tips for new born

Yes I haven’t had a decent nights sleep for over a year. It’s really hard and honestly I’m sat here now I could just go to sleep for a week.

:lol:

As soon as the boy didnt need a feed during the night he's always gone to bed at 18.30 and never back up before 05.30.

I was like a zombie when he needed a midnight and 4am feed mind.

Suppose twins is a different matter, one probably sets the other off :lol:

Both mine slept through the night from about 6-8 weeks. Had a strict routine and stuck to it. Something else I did which may or may not have made a difference is that I painted the nursery green (read somewhere it had a calming effect). May have just been lucky I guess.
f***ing “Nursery “:lol:

How is your little un being fed?

If it's bottle fed then the best invention known to mankind is one those perfect prep machines that makes up the bottle in around a few minutes. Took a few months before we bought one and it was a life transforming experience.

I done every single night feed and once we got one of these bad boys I could practically make the bottle up 75% asleep.

If you don't have one then do it immediately mate.

They were ne bother .Structure is key.

Mine was no bother, once he was a certain age...

But a new born baby simply cannot go without bait for more than a few hours so your theory of them just needing structure to sleep through is out the window :lol:

Same as your theory of not letting them sleep all day. Although you've changed that til when they are two years old now so you've learned :lol:

If it's bottle fed then the best invention known to mankind is one those perfect prep machines that makes up the bottle in around a few minutes. Took a few months before we bought one and it was a life transforming experience.

I done every single night feed and once we got one of these bad boys I could practically make the bottle up 75% asleep.

YES. It's f***ing mint. Two pressed of a button and milk for the little lad. Class.

Issue is he's quite reflux-y so feeding with 3/4 winding seshs on a 5oz bottle teks a while

Colic is the most evil thing ever invented.

f***ing “Nursery “:lol:

This :lol:

I just called it his bedroom.

T:cool:mmy Tippee

Mine was no bother, once he was a certain age...

But a new born baby simply cannot go without bait for more than a few hours so your theory of them just needing structure to sleep through is out the window :lol:

Same as your theory of not letting them sleep all day. Although you've changed that til when they are two years old now so you've learned :lol:
My recolition of the bairns when they were little is nowt like people on here make out with sleepless nights etc .What I can remember is the milf playing fuck if I let one of them gan to sleep .

Try Dr Brown's anti colic bottles, game changer for us
Little legs wasnt keen on Dr Brown bottles like . Tommee Tuppie ones are the devil's work. We settled on MAM bottles and they seem alright.

Infacol is a great invention aswell
Aye got the infacol on the go. Doctor prescribed Infant Gaviscon which has helped his reflux loads. No longer screaming when he gets put down. Still a canny bit puke but that's areet

Bore him. At night when he wakes feed him, change him, put him back down - no interaction at all, no eye contact, no talking to him - no colours or lights except snow on the telly - nothing, just process.

Lad was sleeping all the way through after 25 days - daughter took 19.

Also, if you have done everything you can, sometimes you just have to let them cry themselves out. If you go running, you will reinforce that crying = get what you want. I am no expert but all that worked a treat for us.

Back