Top tips for new born

Keep calm and carry on, you will just learn to manage with <5 hours kip a neet. It only takes them about 8 year to finally start sleeping like an adult anyway...

First thing is to remember that babies NEED to be fed every three or four hours. They only have tiny stomachs that don’t hold a lot so they are never going to sleep for long at that age.

Secondly, whatever pattern you think that you have got them into will change as sure as the lights on a pelicon traffic signal change, so you are flogging a dead horse there.

Your only option is to get used to the babiy’s pattern and go along with it. That means trying to sleep when the baby sleeps. Some might say this is impossible but it isn’t. If the mother is rushing round trying to do house cleaning or laundry while the baby is sleeping and then can’t sleep because the baby is awake she is going to be knackered.

If you can’t live in an untidy house, get a cleaner. If you have no clean clothes left shove them in a bin liner and take them to the nearest laundrette preferably one that does service washes. Hire some one to iron them, or recognise that you are going nowhere anyway so just throw the clean clothes back into the wardrobe or drawers unironed.

Ta for advice gents. Routine at 5 weeks is impossible, so will just keep on keeping on.

Issue is heat I reckon, he twists and fannys on after his last feed so takes while to get to sleep.

Just give up. Mine have just turned 1 and still won’t sleep. Get used to being knackered all the time.
Haha yeah, this is life now.

Both mine slept through the night from about 6-8 weeks. Had a strict routine and stuck to it. Something else I did which may or may not have made a difference is that I painted the nursery green (read somewhere it had a calming effect). May have just been lucky I guess.

Back