Top Boy

Halfway through the new series , preferred the original ones myself , seems to have gone a bit softer

Aye you need to watch them in order mate , you may need to stick the subtitles on :D

If you don't understand the slang words subtitles won't help.
I didn’t watch it as it looked like it was about some black people being gangster

Interesting. If it was about honourable white gangsters like the Krays would you have watched it?

If you don't understand the slang words subtitles won't help.

Interesting. If it was about honourable white gangsters like the Krays would you have watched it?
The Krays is a world away. I just find that whole black London gang culture repulsive (and yes I know there are also whites in them) and have no wish to watch something glamorising it.
Watch Gomorrah then if you only like white gangsters.
Might do.

The Krays is a world away. I just find that whole black London gang culture repulsive (and yes I know there are also whites in them) and have no wish to watch something glamorising it.

Might do.

I've no idea what the characters being black has to do with anything though.
Same with any gangster stuff, the Sopranos, Good fellas, The Godfather etc. It's an interesting subject matter. If it wasn't there wouldn't be so many films and TV series based around it.

Nah that's different though mate. There's something about those characters that makes them alright. Can't quite put my finger on it like.

Back