Top Boy

Not wanting to sound racist but the thing was too ‘black’ for me like in terms of language etc. Bit cringey.
It was hard graft to understand what was being said in Jamaica. The London lingo was OK though.
Is that a wind up, other way round isnt it :D

Racist

No. Top Boy summerhouse is the 2 original series which were on channel 4 and Top Boy is the new one.

Last edited:
Like a few on here I watched the first two series again to remind myself - and just finished the new (3rd) series, which was the best of the lot. Brilliant drama with some great twists and turns

Not wanting to sound racist but the thing was too ‘black’ for me like in terms of language etc. Bit cringey.
You're right ,it is/was .Not cringey but a bit odd Fam init .My brother (who is a racist) said "its been aimed at certain people" as if it was a keep the whiteys away conspiracy .All tv is aimed at someone to some extent .I'm canny with the London twang ,the Jamaican less so .

Enjoyed Top Boy when it first came out. Heard about Drake's involvement and expected the worst for season 3. Pleasantly surprised.

A long long time ago, Asher D got embarrassed on a promotion night where he was meant to be the star:

Am i the only one who has to have subtitles on to watch this?
No, I do too. Don’t have to have them on but I think it improves the programme. I do it with most shows now. Started with The Wire as the slang in that was tough to follow.
watched the first episode (series 1) last night , was canny, although needed to flick the subtitles on after ten mins :D
The Jamaican patois is stronger than an ‘endon accent 😄

Last edited:

Back