Top Boy

Finally caught the latest series, just as good if not better than the older channel 4 one! Any suggestions for similar films/tv? - I've always found stuff in the genre absolute dogshit unfortunately, Top Boy just seems way more polished/well made, was hopeful of finding something more similar to 'La Haine' rather than 'Kidulthood' etc in terms of quality, few people have suggested The Wire (plan to watch) but anything UK based that holds up?

Finally caught the latest series, just as good if not better than the older channel 4 one! Any suggestions for similar films/tv? - I've always found stuff in the genre absolute dogshit unfortunately, Top Boy just seems way more polished/well made, was hopeful of finding something more similar to 'La Haine' rather than 'Kidulthood' etc in terms of quality, few people have suggested The Wire (plan to watch) but anything UK based that holds up?
i'd recommend "ill manors" if looking for something similar

Ill Manors (2012) - IMDb

Not wanting to sound racist but the thing was too ‘black’ for me like in terms of language etc. Bit cringey.

Same here, I tried it following the SMB recommendation. Wooden acting and needed subtitles but eventually limped through the series. I was a little intrigued so went to watch the next one. Everyone looked so much younger...........it was series 1, I'd started on 3 :rolleyes:

Love/Hate based in Ireland is canny and Gomorrah which is Italian is excellent.

Original two series on BBC were class.....Been off screen for years then Drake buys the rights to the series as he wants to see his favourite characters come back to life.

If you havent seen the new series on Netflix then get it watched, same actors, same style of filming and an utterly sensational sequel.....Hope they intend to go with a 4th series as this was superb.

ive seen the new season advert on Netflix and was going to watch it, i didnt realise there was another two before it. I think I'll watch those. cheers!

Halfway through the new series , preferred the original ones myself , seems to have gone a bit softer
ive seen the new season advert on Netflix and was going to watch it, i didnt realise there was another two before it. I think I'll watch those. cheers!
Aye you need to watch them in order mate , you may need to stick the subtitles on :D

Back