Top Boy

Good show but at times needed the subtitles on
So is that Gomorrah worth a watch ?

Not if you don’t want to have to read subtitles. Must admit I’ve got the series on dvd but never got round to watching it for that reason even though I don’t mind them - need to be in right frame of mind / time. By all accounts most people I’ve spoke to who have watched it rave about it so will eventually watch it.

The updated series was slightly better than the original, but still a poor imitation of a good gangster series...light years behind sopranos, narcos, oz and even Gomorrah...see the storyline coming a mile off...Ya feel me fam dialogue every other scene. Appreciate that’s probs how they communicate but hey ho. It’s lifting. Lost the will, sacked it off halfway.
Lol, whinges about "ya feel me fam" and then describes it as "lifting."

On the subject of Gomorrah- the bloke who plays Ciro has recently directed and stars in a film called ‘l’immortale’ which is the story of ciro’s life and how he grew up (fictional obviously).

There is a TV show being made about gangsters in Newcastle which will be out soon. Might be canny.
If it’s owt to do with the sayers no doubt the chronicle and ‘friend of the krays’ Steve wraith will be shamelessly and constantly promoting it .🙄
Looking forward to seeing it. December release iirc?
Yes I think so mate - Im doubtful it’ll make it to mainstream cinema so I’m hoping sky picks it up and it ends up on the telly.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I see Ashley Walters who is the main actor in it I often think of the Stewart Lee routine about him. It's brilliant. He also used to be in Grange Hill if you don't get the end.

The updated series was slightly better than the original, but still a poor imitation of a good gangster series...light years behind sopranos, narcos, oz and even Gomorrah...see the storyline coming a mile off...Ya feel me fam dialogue every other scene. Appreciate that’s probs how they communicate but hey ho. It’s lifting. Lost the will, sacked it off halfway.

It's not a poor imitation, it just portrays something different.

I'm not the one criticising. I'm just picking up on the hypocrisy.

Lifting is absolutely lifting as a word.
Its nowt ta Dee with hypocrisy, that’s just your view on the word ‘lifting’.

By the same token, your statement surely should have read something more like...

lifting is absolutely shit as a word.:lol:

Its nowt ta Dee with hypocrisy, that’s just your view on the word ‘lifting’.

By the same token, your statement surely should have read something more like...

lifting is absolutely shit as a word.:lol:
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. ;)

Brap, rude boi.

Back