Top 5 ever home games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still bored with the takeover shite and still a nostalgic old fool so in no particular order here goes...
Sunderland 2 Man Utd 1 Easter Monday 1977 Kevin Arnott and Tony Towers for us Gordon Hill for them. Just remember as a 9 year old being fascinated by the antics of the vast away support!
Sunderland 3 Burnley 2 2006 Carlos, Keane..et al
Sunderland 1 Man City 0 Mick Buckley saves the day with another last day escape 1982
Sunderland 4 Chelsea 1 2000 no explanation needed!
Finally Sunderland 3 Everton 0 team kone and “something special is happening at our club” and we all know how that turned out!
Being a Sunderland fan is never dull and not good for the heart! But always FTM and STID

Nowt wrong with a bit nostalgia mate..love it..

Chelsea 4-1 (first half anyway)
Chelsea 2-1 (Armstrong header and proper scenes)
West Ham 2-0..1980
Sheff Utd 2-0 1998 play off
Everton + Chelsea 2016..two games in 5 days..two wins SOL buzzing..filth relegated.

ManU ... the day the gates collapsed.
ManC....1973 replay.
1964... promotion where they came back on pitch without boots
Mags ... won 3-0 , watched Jim Baxter humiliate them.
QPR...1973 lost 3-0 but it was after cup final so who cared.

Obviously it has to be games that you've personally seen and seeing as I left England in 94.

1980 Sunderland 2-0 West Ham
1989 Sunderland 4-0 Watford
1990 Mags 0-2 Sunderland
1991 Man City 3-2 Sunderland
1992 Sunderland 1-0 Norwich (FA cup)

73 v Man City
76 Bolton
Sheffield Utd playoff
77 West Ham 6-0
Burnley 3-2

I missed the 1980 WHU game, the only game that season home or away that I missed. Bloody part timers.

3-2 Man Utd - Walker x 3
2-1 Mags - Richardson free kick
1-0 - Mags - Defoe
3-2 - Chelsea Big Sam
3 - 0 - Everton. Big Sam

Special mention to 1-0 Spurs under Keane, last minute winner in the 1st home game, the noise was unreal when that little rat, Gargoyle scored.

And when Armstrong got the winner v Chelsea it was 2-1 not 1-0!

Dennis wise eqqualised on 85 minutes, gave it the big un then we scored about 91 iirc.

What a night.
3-2 Man Utd - Walker x 3
2-1 Mags - Richardson free kick
1-0 - Mags - Defoe
3-2 - Chelsea Big Sam
3 - 0 - Everton. Big Sam

Special mention to 1-0 Spurs under Keane, last minute winner in the 1st home game, the noise was unreal when that little rat, Gargoyle scored.

Top of the premier league for an hour!

6-0 v west ham 1977 (my first game)
2-1 v the mags. Richardson. We waited too long!
3-0 v Everton big Sam (wife’s first game)
2-1 v Chelsea at Roker. Fuck off Dennis Wise.
1-0 v mags Defoe became a hero.

Too many great memories to list but love threads like this. With the shite we have to watch under JR a little nostalgia never hurts. Well done OP.

If you were lucky enough to be at the 1973 replay vs Man City that's number 1 by a long way.

(Notice the old gits who have it in their posts doesn't have it anywhere else but #1)

Daylight 2nd for me 😏 (attending games 1965 to 1980)

Defoe got the winner against Chelsea
but apart from that thats my top 5 aswell, maybe swap the game against Chelsea with the Milk Cup semi against Chelsea in '85, I'm guessing the poster is young but very good picks

3-2 vs Burnley 06
1-0 Defoe vs Mags 15
2-1 Borini vs Mags 13
The first time the Mags went down with Shearer whenever that was
1-0 Ji vs City 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back