Thoughts on our transfer business so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly going to put bums on seats!
Honestly my dad brought me up to be a Sunderland fan from 3-4 years old, seen the bad, some good and the ugly over the years and never lost faith no matter how sh*te we were last season, there can be always worse remember the 15 point season under Wilkinson and Cotterill or the 19 point season under McCarthy? But there can always be better, we have a manager who is doing the best he can in the transfer market with limited funds, he says the right things, getting players who graft and our fans turn up in their droves to go to away games and the home games no matter how we play. sorry lads have been too positive there, I need to follow the trend on here, be negative ans twist about everything! My Bad!:lol:

Plenty of them. Not naming but there are some on here that love Short.

I agree atm Grayson looks like he is doing best with money available but everyone just fed up with lack of ambition from the club. We've sold a player for £30m and not even spent £1m on one player so far ffs
I'm going to keep posting this till it sinks in ......we are £100 mil minimum in debt. The 30 mil will be spread over 3-4 years with a bit up front.
It's depressing I know but it's either service the debt and continue having a club to support. Or risk our existence on a high spend. We are in this position because we have spent what we haven't got. Spending big also dosen't guarantee success. See SAFC for details.

Honestly my dad brought me up to be a Sunderland fan from 3-4 years old, seen the bad, some good and the ugly over the years and never lost faith no matter how sh*te we were last season, there can be always worse remember the 15 point season under Wilkinson and Cotterill or the 19 point season under McCarthy? But there can always be better, we have a manager who is doing the best he can in the transfer market with limited funds, he says the right things, getting players who graft and our fans turn up in their droves to go to away games and the home games no matter how we play. sorry lads have been too positive there, I need to follow the trend on here, be negative ans twist about everything! My Bad!:lol:
I just think the last year under Moyes and Short still being the owner has sucked the life out of a lot of people!

I think we have done some very good business with our budget. I was one of the fans silly enough to think we had 15m-20m to spend and over the past 3 weeks it has been shown we haven't, maybe the 6m quoted was correct. Look at who we have signed, Browning, Galloway, Grabban on loans, McGeady, Vaughan, Steele, soon to be Ruiter, maybe even McCormack and that Villa defender as well forgot his name signing in the next 2 weeks. As SG said after the game yesterday Lens was injured, no bids for him, Khazri, Kone yet and if we do get bids they have to match our valuations or they can f*ck off in other words! We have made 32 million off our two old keepers, got rid of a load of lads on high wages, most the players have taken a wage cut, we will be getting the parachute payments, our debt should be a lot healthier by the end of the season. I know positivity is a really dodgy subject on this forum with a few of the negative fans but I think we have a decent enough squad to make the playoffs, not top 2, Boro will be one of them with their spending and I fancy Fulham or Sheff Wed for the other. Point is SG has done some good business and we finally have a manager who knows the score with the fans and doesn't take any sh*t off lazy players! Just my opinion lads, can't be bothered with getting abuse off negative idiots on here;)

Cheap gambles all summer long - from decisions over ownership to managers to players. Lots of luck and bleeding stones required.

I think we have done some very good business with our budget. I was one of the fans silly enough to think we had 15m-20m to spend and over the past 3 weeks it has been shown we haven't, maybe the 6m quoted was correct. Look at who we have signed, Browning, Galloway, Grabban on loans, McGeady, Vaughan, Steele, soon to be Ruiter, maybe even McCormack and that Villa defender as well forgot his name signing in the next 2 weeks. As SG said after the game yesterday Lens was injured, no bids for him, Khazri, Kone yet and if we do get bids they have to match our valuations or they can f*ck off in other words! We have made 32 million off our two old keepers, got rid of a load of lads on high wages, most the players have taken a wage cut, we will be getting the parachute payments, our debt should be a lot healthier by the end of the season. I know positivity is a really dodgy subject on this forum with a few of the negative fans but I think we have a decent enough squad to make the playoffs, not top 2, Boro will be one of them with their spending and I fancy Fulham or Sheff Wed for the other. Point is SG has done some good business and we finally have a manager who knows the score with the fans and doesn't take any sh*t off lazy players! Just my opinion lads, can't be bothered with getting abuse off negative idiots on here;)

I agreed, pretty happy with the restructuring tbh, glad we are not spunking mental money on average players and really looking forward to the season....Would be great to keep hold of Khazri, Lens and Kone as think once they accept they are here for at least the next 5 months then they will get their heads down if only to put themselves in the shop window for a move.

I'm going to keep posting this till it sinks in ......we are £100 mil minimum in debt. The 30 mil will be spread over 3-4 years with a bit up front.
It's depressing I know but it's either service the debt and continue having a club to support. Or risk our existence on a high spend. We are in this position because we have spent what we haven't got. Spending big also dosen't guarantee success. See SAFC for details.

£120m debt actually. Was £40m before Short arrived but it has tripled since because of that useless knacker. We won't achieve anything whilst that prick still owns us.

wa gonna win the league man,neeeeeee fukn botha,Grayson :cool: as,blowks a winner away the bastad lads

It hasn't been bad. We've got the players we needed. I just don't know how good they are. Grayson has done well with what he's got and not complained once. As you set we're in a better position now than anyone thought we would be a few months ago

Basically I haven't the slightest idea - don't know the players - don't know the league nor the manager.

However, I expect SG to be the kind of man that knows where he is, the constraints he has and the capacity to make the best of it.

Where this will leave us I haven't the faintest idea - mid- table mediocrity ? That which we always craved for - but in the wrong division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back